What brake lines?

-

aaronk785

Reaction score
My friend is installing a disc brake kit on his 64 dart. Kit does not have lines. What stock brake lines will work? Will late a body lines work? Like 73 up.

If you put the calipers in the front of the spindles you use 73 and up A-body hoses. . If you put them in the rear of the spindles you use 72 b-body hoses..

The reason the location of the calipers are installed on the rear on early applications is due to the early stabilizer bar being wider on 72 and earlier cars. The caliper will hit the stabilizer bar when turning .

If you have a narrow bar from a 73 and later car or an after market bar, Or no bar at all. install them at either location.

In that case, use the A body hoses if you front-hang the calipers.
If you rear-hang the calipers, the usual recommendations are Volare/Aspen or '69 Camaro hoses- and if Oldmanmopar says B body hoses work, too; I have no reason to doubt him!

When you are talking about the hoses, you also have to pay attention to the body end fitting. This fits into the flange on the frame to keep it from rotating so you can tighten the hard line flare fitting. Some have a "D" profile, and others have a multi-pointed star. I don't know what your 64 has, but it may not match the 73 hose..

On the KH brakes, yes, there are early hoses with the star fitting, and the later ones with the "D" shaped fitting. Not a big deal to change one to the other to make them fit, but, much simpler to just order the correct hoses.

-
Back