What can one tell from a person's voice (on the phone)?

-
I can usually tell the sex, age and sometimes the race and sometimes the sexual preference. I do this automatically on all calls.

I worked at a place that had a woman named Carol Ann that dealt with customers on the phone. Her voice was like a teenage girls, very "sweet" and a little bit high pitched. You would expect her to be some cute little girl. She was pretty good with the customers and they all liked her.

Once in a while, a customer would come in for something and say "I just have to meet Carol Ann"... So... We would take them to her office and suddenly their fantasy of what she looked like was dashed on the rocks.. Carol Ann was only 5' tall, and she weighed about 250 lbs. She often drove her full dress Harley to work too. Not what you would call a pretty woman either.

She quit working there... Her and her husband moved to Florida and they went to work for Disneyworld.

Ray if you feel the need to talk about your disturbing phone call 'experiences', I don't think this is the place for it... :poke:

wasnt there an episode of king of the hill, where bill fell in love with a voice at a drive through?

and howcome whenever i go to wendys, the girl at the window looks nothing like the ginger in their commercials?

I was calling an ex-girlfriend (wild hippy chick in her day) some years ago and the line was always busy. I began to think she was making money on the side by answering a 900 number using her home landline somehow. When I "confronted" her with my suspicions, she was taken aback and denied ever considering such a gross endeavor. Heck, I would have given her credit for taking the initiative for finding an easy source of income.

They interviewed real phone sex workers on Maury Povich one time, so you could see what they looked like.

Not pleasant.

Well, that's interesting but I'm a little skeptical.
She was average height according to the internet, not tall (above average).
5'4"
In fact, most women with deep voices I have known were short.

1426809573_6.jpg

At least I know why my voice is so squeaky now.

Sexiness may also be conveyed in a person's voice, but the person's ability to produce offspring doesn't seem to be easily picked up in speech. Men go for women with higher-pitched, breathy voices that tend to go with a smaller body size, according to a 2013 study in the journal PLOS ONE. Women tend to prefer men with lower-pitched "manly" voices. But those manly voices may not predict a good mate: A 2013 study in the same journal found that men with lower-pitched voices tended to have lower sperm quality than their higher-pitched counterparts.

I worked at a place that had a woman named Carol Ann that dealt with customers on the phone. Her voice was like a teenage girls, very "sweet" and a little bit high pitched. You would expect her to be some cute little girl. She was pretty good with the customers and they all liked her.

Once in a while, a customer would come in for something and say "I just have to meet Carol Ann"... So... We would take them to her office and suddenly their fantasy of what she looked like was dashed on the rocks.. Carol Ann was only 5' tall, and she weighed about 250 lbs. She often drove her full dress Harley to work too. Not what you would call a pretty woman either.

She quit working there... Her and her husband moved to Florida and they went to work for Disneyworld.

Same at my old job.Nancy had the sexiest voice ever. Was skinny, Unattractive,and had a nose the size of a banana.She was good people though.

I have encountered the same "shock" after meeting a Woman named Susan that worked in HR and really went out of her way to help me thru a nasty divorce by filing paper work, running papers around down town during her lunch hour. Bought her some flowers and hand delivered them. I'll be nice and just say DAMN, she was a big girl!

-
Back