What carb. should I buy?

-
Stay with what you have the 850 will be fine.Being this is a street car, you will have better throttle response and drivability. The 950 might show a bit more top end power at the track, but will be doggy on the street. with a 31" tall tire and 4.56 gears you should go through the top end at 6500 rpm i had that combo in my camaro.

How much converter do you have? at least a 4500 stall.
just reread this, a 500 " engine wont be doggy w/ 456 gears and 31" tall tires. I run 3:73`s and 30" tires , aint even close to doggy, instant tire spin! He`ll have torque to waste.

Yeah, like jewelry and performs right out of the box. Only screw i turned was the throttle screw about a 1/4 turn to idle faster. Later i had a lean transition that i cleaned up with different T slot jet. No big deal. Everyone has a different combo and will require a turn of the throttle screw or mixture screws or perhaps jets. Dom gets them right on or atleast very close.
Do mine w/ a hand held-lol Still adjusting things tho, guess I need more timing, have ran it a little slow coming in because of the 91 octane lawn mower gas , guess I was wrong about my calculations , " Better known as "wild guess!"

-
Back