What cheaper Mopar options/details do you prefer?

-

ESP47

Reaction score
I love E body Barracudas and think they're one of the best looking cars ever designed but for some reason I'd still rather have a 67-68 Fastback Barracuda. Even though I know it's not even as good looking a car, it just fits my personality better. Whether the car is a Formula S or 1 of a low number or whatever means nothing to me.

I know the consoles go for a pretty penny but if I had a 4 speed car with buckets, I'd prefer the no console look. Something about the simple interior with the shifter sticking out of the floor looks more old school and aggressive to me than a 4 speed console car.

On top of that I'd also rather have the classic Hurst shifter with the white shift knob over a pistol grip even though the latter is preferred with most people.

For wheels, I'd rather have a set of black cop wheels with dog dish hubcaps over a nice set of rallyes. I've always preferred the look, especially on darker painted cars.

You guys have any cheaper preferences over the more conventional expensive options?

No radio.

3-speed instead of 4-speed.

No console.

Manual steering.

Rubber floor mat instead of carpet.

Manual outside mirror.

Hub caps with body color steelies.

Black sidewall tires.

These are a few of my favorite things.......

But at the same time I have a few cars that have extra cost options & I leave them in place out of a respect for each cars history.

No radio.

3-speed instead of 4-speed.

No console.

Manual steering.

Rubber floor mat instead of carpet.

Manual outside mirror.

Hub caps with body color steelies.

Black sidewall tires.

These are a few of my favorite things.......

But at the same time I have a few cars that have extra cost options & I leave them in place out of a respect for each cars history.

Add me to the manual steering club. Manual brakes too. I like the feel of the pedal with manual and it's just one less thing that can break. More room in the engine bay as well.

Im opposite, I like to add all the fancy options to my cars. I do try to stick to factory optioned upgrades and not a lot of aftermarket parts. I did go with some Cop wheels on the dart im building now. I always go with ralleys but I wanted something different.

I love E body Barracudas and think they're one of the best looking cars ever designed but for some reason I'd still rather have a 67-68 Fastback Barracuda. Even though I know it's not even as good looking a car, it just fits my personality better. Whether the car is a Formula S or 1 of a low number or whatever means nothing to me.

I know the consoles go for a pretty penny but if I had a 4 speed car with buckets, I'd prefer the no console look. Something about the simple interior with the shifter sticking out of the floor looks more old school and aggressive to me than a 4 speed console car.

On top of that I'd also rather have the classic Hurst shifter with the white shift knob over a pistol grip even though the latter is preferred with most people.

For wheels, I'd rather have a set of black cop wheels with dog dish hubcaps over a nice set of rallyes. I've always preferred the look, especially on darker painted cars.

You guys have any cheaper preferences over the more conventional expensive options?
Not as good looking???? Well! Seriously, I do like E bodies, but I TRULY do prefer my 69 Barracuda Fastback. I have had it for almost 30 years. I think the lines are classic, and better than an E Body.

-
Back