What converters are you guys running on turbo setups?

-

turboking15

Reaction score
Putting together my blow through 5.9 mag, 904, s475 combo for my conquest and starting to shop around for a torque converter. Just wondering what everyone is using, having luck with or not having luck with?

Off-the-shelf PTC 9.5" (727). Flashes to 3500RPM and has very good street manners.

PTC here as well, 10" haven't installed motor yet. Really nice and great people to talk to.

Duster has a Mancini 2800, stalls right around there. So far it’s working.

Mine is controlled with an infinitely adjustable third pedal.

So i just got an email back from ptc, i filled out the for and sent it in. They replied with a 9.5" steel stator converter for $1000 + shipping!!! I know this is not a place to cheap out but where is everyone getting these ~$450 9.5" ptc's that seem to work well?

Matts440, looking at your build the $1k option makes sense. lol This is a stock bottom end iron headed magnum motor im putting together. Trying to keep this whole thing on a bit of a tighter budget lol.

Lol true but if you decide later to beef it up at least your converter will be able to handle it. Unless you want to have to buy another one down the road.

I'm pretty sure the $450 model is just the off the shelf "street/strip" one.

Did you buy yours directly through ptc? Do you know the stator number on it?
I bought mine used from another FABO member unfortunately. I see the street/strip 727 9.5" listed on eBay but not a 904 version. Maybe call PTC and ask if they offer a 904 version.

-
Back