What Did A 'BO29' Look Like When You Picked It Up At The Factory.

-
I think the Darts had exhaust or what you call exhaust, some what of a straight pipe round mufflers and turn downs.
Is this true? If so did the Barracuda come with the same exhaust?

Hi there. They did have an exhaust system....if you want to call 1 7/8" pipe with glass packs an exhaust system. LOL!!

Attachments

• Super Stock Mufflers (1).jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 363
  • Super Stock Mufflers (2).jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 368
  • Super Stock Mufflers.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 1,602
They used these things to connect the pipes to the headers. They did not use a three bolt connector like a street header.

Attachments

• mark j.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 406
Hi there. They did have an exhaust system....if you want to call 1 7/8" pipe with glass packs an exhaust system. LOL!!

NS1RM21

I had a set of those back in 1971. Bought them for $15.00 off a friend,
who got them off the 'S & K Speed Shop' LO23 Hemi Dart.

Wish I still had them today.

Theres lots of info on the hemi darts and cudas on classracer.com,in nostaligia stock and
super stock,and you will see the hemi dart and hemi cuda threads
FYI, HemiDenny from this forum hosts a tent at The Nationals in Columbus every year and
this year Daryl (Lite Wt) from Manitoba, who is the OP on the Class Racer SS Dart thread and
Bob (Skypower) from Florida, the OP on the Class Racer SS Barracuda thread are both coming.

Daryl is bringing his beautiful red original SS/AA Dart and Bob will be bringing his black Hemi
Barracuda. This would be an excellent chance for all of us Midwesterners to drop by, say hello
and thank them for their tireless efforts to help preserve this important part of Mopar history.

If that's not enough to merit a visit, the tent, which has grown to 40x120 this year, will also
feature Joe Pappas and Dick Oldfield with the Mopar Missile Wire Car Plymouth Duster Pro-Stocker,
Jimmy Addison's legendary Silver Bullet and Tom Hoover's "Terror of I-696" Hemi Coronet.

To find the tent, imagine standing on the starting line and looking 90 degrees to the right, across
to the other side of the staging lanes. Hope to see you all there.

Well, I should have a welt in the middle of my forehead from smacking myself but
I just realized that Paul Ceasrine, perhaps the most prolific poster and shepard of
Super Stock history on Class Racer is also none other than the OP of this thread,
69 Cuda 440!

Without guys like Paul, many important facts and historical references would be lost.

Thank you Paul.

FYI, HemiDenny from this forum hosts a tent at The Nationals in Columbus every year and
this year Daryl (Lite Wt) from Manitoba, who is the OP on the Class Racer SS Dart thread and
Bob (Skypower) from Florida, the OP on the Class Racer SS Barracuda thread are both coming.

Daryl is bringing his beautiful red original SS/AA Dart and Bob will be bringing his black Hemi
Barracuda. This would be an excellent chance for all of us Midwesterners to drop by, say hello
and thank them for their tireless efforts to help preserve this important part of Mopar history.

If that's not enough to merit a visit, the tent, which has grown to 40x120 this year, will also
feature Joe Pappas and Dick Oldfield with the Mopar Missile Wire Car Plymouth Duster Pro-Stocker,
Jimmy Addison's legendary Silver Bullet and Tom Hoover's "Terror of I-696" Hemi Coronet.

To find the tent, imagine standing on the starting line and looking 90 degrees to the right, across
to the other side of the staging lanes. Hope to see you all there.

How I wish I was going this year.

Well, I should have a welt in the middle of my forehead from smacking myself but
I just realized that Paul Ceasrine, perhaps the most prolific poster and shepard of
Super Stock history on Class Racer is also none other than the OP of this thread,
69 Cuda 440!

Without guys like Paul, many important facts and historical references would be lost.

Thank you Paul.

John,

Much appreciation for those kind words.

Thank You My Friend .............. "Go Ghost"

Paul

Maybe a Pic from the Hurst Factory....
12115770_925835244150770_8520261078387266955_n_zpsojbgcaum.jpg

-
Back