What Did You Learn To Drive In

-
1st lesson was a 1977 f150 stick-- pa parked on a gravel road going uphill--- said here your turn -- don't spin the tires.
1st car 1964 malibu 3 on the tree/ six banger-- drove everywhere. Lawrence

1953 Plymouth Flat head 6. 3 speed on the tree.

winner! That has to the oldest

Mine was a combo between my 57 Plymouth Fury, and the drivers Ed car, a new 66 4 door Tempest with a OHC6, or it might have been a 326, not sure. It was a light blue though, with light blue interior.

winner! That has to the oldest

Mine was a combo between my 57 Plymouth Fury, and the drivers Ed car, a new 66 4 door Tempest with a OHC6, or it might have been a 326, not sure. It was a light blue though, with light blue interior.
Old Guys Rock,..

My parents let me drive their 69 Fairlane a little but I really learned how to drive in a 63 VW. I loved that car - sub-lime green, Ansens, sunroof. :love7: Learned a lot about hard cornering in that car - crank the wheel hard till the back end lets go, crank it the other way and just keep it floored til ya get through. :glasses8:

Learned to drive in my dads 1958 chebby PU,took my driving test in my moms 1970 Roadrunner,barely passed because the tires kept chirping,examiner must have had a sense of humor,that nite got pulled over for the same thing LOL

My parents 64 880 and a 68 A108. I didnt really like the 880 at first, i couldnt get used to the brakes, and i thought it had too much power (ha, what was i thinking, but i was only 13 or 14.)

68' Satellite, I was the second owner in 1990 & it had 47,000 orig. miles. Orig. owner traded it in at the local Chrysler dealer and I picked it up for $1500.00

Attachments

• image0.jpg
    145.3 KB · Views: 213
A1964 Mercury Monterey . Had the S-22 Marauder 390 Interceptor package . Wonder I didn't kill myself in that car . Totalled first day I drove it to school .

the car that i learned to drive in was my grandma's 74 monte carlo that still only has about 20,000 original miles on it. i also took my driving test in it, just like my dad. unfortunatley i dont have any pictures of the car and its burried in the back of my dads garage. and i learned to drive a stick in my barracuda once we got it running.

Attachments

• abody2.jpg
    135.6 KB · Views: 179
1985 Chrysler fifth avenue, 318 it was a hell of a car, I could haul *** through town and the cops wouldnt even look at me,
And I wa a huge "Dukes" fan and needless to say being 16, dumb and full of ____, A buddy and myself jumped it across a set of huge railroad tracks! Both our heads rammed the roof and it was a heck of thing, I never did it again after that, and dad came in screaming one day asking WTH happened to the fifth avenue, I played dumb he went out and showed me and I about **** myself the front wheels were all cambered in and toe'd out, I hadnt noticed it before but it was enough he did!!!
Gotta love Mopars!!!

I learned to drive a standard in my dad's gravel truck when i was 10, it was a 1962 Diamond "T" 195 Cummins 5&4 with no synchros, driving it around the yard for practice and a few months later i was stockpiling gravel with it. We actually still have it after all of these years!
I got my licence in my mom's '72 Olds Delta Royale 2 door. That was a great car.
The car i really learned to drive in was a '64 Buick Special 4 door,(my mom's old car) i went everywhere with it in high school. It was also a great car.
My first car that i bought with my own money was a '71 Dart 4 door slant six auto, i loved it and the mopar bug bit me.
The next car i bought was a '71 Demon 318 3 speed std. on the floor and that was the best car i ever owned, and it got me hooked forever on a-bodies.
Now you know the rest of the story........
Lol!
Tom.

I was 12. 1970 f350 4x4 single wheel with tall military tires on it. My uncle taught me in the orange groves locked in 4 wheel low. That monster would crawl thru the groves. It was a 4 speed with I believe a 390. I felt bad to the bone when I got the hang of shifting that beast and running thru thousands of acres of groves. Some really cool lakes and brush piles hidden away in the groves in central fl.I love the Lake Apopka area.

I learned to drive on my dads fury III with 383, 4 door. It was a boat, I also took my driving test in this..try to parallel park one of those! I loved to cruise with the guys as this beast could smoke the tires off, in fact I was showing off one night and left the driveshaft on the ground after breaking a u joint....needless to say I learned a lesson that night!

Learned on an Oliver 55 tractor and then my grandpa's 78 Dodge pickup. When I didn't wreck those I graduated to the St. Regis for trips to town. Also drove the parents 81 Dodge van, as well as my 47 Willys and 76 Aspen.

A 92 Geo Metro 5 door hatch. I was 13 and managed to talk my Granny into letting me drive it around the property after a quick lesson on how to drive a stick. I understood the concept since I had ridden dirt bikes and driven my dad's International 986 tractor multiple times, but a full tank of gas and two days later, it needed a new clutch. Oops!

-
Back