What do I have

-

zigs

Reaction score
IMG_20190519_151621674.jpg
IMG_20190519_151717984.jpg
IMG_20190519_143838831.jpg
Bought a 70 Duster last week . Guy had got the 73 up front disc brake hardware(used). Its a pin style caliper but the rotors I don't recognize I ran some #'s and came up with nothing. Could this be from a C body. Also look at brake pad picture. Anyone silicone
Their brake pads?
IMG_20190519_151740786.jpg

I'm lookin at kinda fuzzy pictures, but appear to be 69-72 C body brakes, by the style of spindle.

The silicone stuff is hopefully a brake specific anti-rattle and squeak compound. But that depends on the level of jakeleggery of whoever did the last brake job. Come to think of it, those look like brakes off the front of wrecked out '72 gran fury I looked at once...

I'm lookin at kinda fuzzy pictures, but appear to be 69-72 C body brakes, by the style of spindle.
Sorry about the pictures., but I had a notion something was weird. The guy I got the Duster from was a Chevy guy , so someone dump a bunch of junk on him.
so probably nothing is going to match. Spent about two hours pulling this stuff apart , it was stuck bad. Well it cost me nothing but back to square one.
I'll be needing big bolt upgrade or do I

The silicone stuff is hopefully a brake specific anti-rattle and squeak compound. But that depends on the level of jakeleggery of whoever did the last brake job. Come to think of it, those look like brakes off the front of wrecked out '72 gran fury I looked at once...
I don't know , I've never seen that before . Looked like they were having trouble keeping break pads in place

Ya "C" body stuff ain't gonna do you a bit of good.
You need A, B, E, body disc brake parts.
That's nothing but anti squeak compound, on the back of the brake pads.
Very common thing, doing a brake job.

Ya "C" body stuff ain't gonna do you a bit of good.
You need A, B, E, body disc brake parts.
That's nothing but anti squeak compound, on the back of the brake pads.
Very common thing, doing a brake job.
LCA's would be good , right ?

-
Back