What do these letters mean on this headlight switch

-

dustyaman

Reaction score
so I’ve come to the conclusion that a headlight switch that was supplied with my wiring kit is faulty. So I’m going to wire each wire to the old original plug that was still working when I pulled the wiring. But I want to make sure I wire it correctly so I see there are letters and numbers on the plug of the original. Like b1 and b2 ect. Can I get a clarification on these letters here is the picture.

1C15CFB2-1A6B-4B5E-8B4F-E4964092ACAA.jpeg

12A41DFF-3E24-478D-A46B-7BED2093373D.jpeg

if you look on a schematic it should show you, mine does

If you get a shop manual, which I've suggested 10,000 times on here, from MyMopar that question will be answered. That switch fits many years.

B1, B2, EG are the battery supply, one is for headlights ONLY and the other comes from the tail fuse and supplies tail/ park/ and the dash dimmer control

P is park

Learning to search for old threads is also 'not' a waste of time

Headlight switch - 75 Duster - Stumped...

I looked at my manual and the 30 page wiring diagram I printed out. It just showed me the color of wire it went to from the old harness. Sorry for the inconvenience.

"The color of wire?" Well you have to trace it in the diagram and see where it goes. For example, yellow when associated with that switch is ALWAYS the ground circuit for the dome lights. Those wire numbers are IMPORTANT. They carry through the entire circuit. EG look at the dimmer switch and jot down the wire numbers. You will find one of them goes to the light switch. If you look at the engine bay headlight harness, the hi and lo beam connections go back to the dimmer switch, and the wire numbers/ colors are the same

Figured out what the problem is guys. The screw that holds the headlight switch that they supplied with the kit to the gauge cluster is to thick and wasn’t allowing me to push it in all the way so it was always in the daytime running position. So I have to modify the screw or find one that will fit it to allow me to push it all the way in. Thank you guys for all your feedback and help.

-
Back