What do you enjoy this time of the year

-

memike

Super Moderator
Staff member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Myself I enjoy getting out and about because this is the beginning of cooler weather here in Arkansas

Here is the add near by..
http://jonesboro.craigslist.org/rvs/4017222378.html

I could leave this locked up for a few days and keep all my gear/clothes/food.
At a few hunting/fishing/car events or just away spot's, or even drive it up to Petit Jean Mt. and
enjoy a few days there :happy2:, Paint to match Victoria white and gold, put a small a/c unit in it :glasses7:

Had to share this cool little rig :thumblef:

Attachments

• 00G0G_1PyfOxxRS1S_600x450.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 271
  • SOUND CHECK FUEL 1 077.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 266
Just enjoy being out & about this time of the year. One would think that after 15 long years in desert of AZ I would be accustomed to higher temperatures....but I absolutely hate the summer. I spend more time outdoors in the winter months of the Pacific Northwest than I do in the summer.

What 97 here today....I do favor the fall and spring like to drive the car and work in the garage that time of year.

I like to paint cars in the heat of summer ......the paint materials seem to work better and dry times are fast.

plus working with the garage door open and a nice day outside ....cant be beat

I hang very close to the A/C this time of year....... My outdoor / garage activities go on hold from June til September here. I don't even like driving my "hot" rod during the summer months.

6 more weeks of mid 90's and 100% humidity. Sept. is the hottest month in Fl. This is when I'd like to invite all those daya yankees to fl. and see what the real Fl. is all about. First car show I do is Oct.5.

There is not much to enjoy this time of year in East Texas.. Hotter than blue blazes, skeeters will pack you away outside, dry and dusty , etc... Usually don't get much relief around here until couple weeks into October and by then I'm enjoying life by sitting in my Ol'Man climbing stand about 18' up a tree with my old Mathews MQ1 in hand waiting on a deaf, dumb, and blind whitetail deer to come by... That's a good looking Teardrop camper by the way. I always wanted one of those...

Here lately, just drinkin one beer after another on the couch.

Same here everyone, its is hot, 97 for the high today :banghead:
But cooler weather is moving in soon :cheers:

I drove Victoria out for breakfast just 3 miles away and over a few hills and curved paved roads
No way am I going to drive in town and work my way past seems like hundreds of traffic lights and you can count on it being well over 10 degree's higher there.. I guess I am jumping the gun a bit :D

Fishing and tracking for the year's hunt's and enjoying fresh air driving Victoria to a few far away places would be nice when it cools off, the cars shows get better around here after school start's collage and all :thumblef:.

6 more weeks of mid 90's and 100% humidity. Sept. is the hottest month in Fl. This is when I'd like to invite all those daya yankees to fl. and see what the real Fl. is all about. First car show I do is Oct.5.

I remember the summers on the East Coast. Not uncommon for the humidity to be higher than the air temp. Grandpa used to winter in Florida. He tried to stay one summer. He was normally back in NJ by the middle of April....that year is was the first week of May.

I love the fall in New England. I've been all over the US during the fall months and there's nothing like it here in NE. As a matter a fact, I'm leaving in about 2 hours to go to Franconia Notch, NH for the weekend. Ahhhh fall foliage and fresh northern NE air is my heaven!

This is the time of year I like to invite Floridians to leave heavens waiting room and enjoy mother nature at its best here in NE! :thumblef:

erie pa

Attachments

• 003.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 215
  • 025.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 216
  • 001.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 213
  • 017.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 214
  • 010.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 210
I love the fall in New England. I've been all over the US during the fall months and there's nothing like it here in NE. As a matter a fact, I'm leaving in about 2 hours to go to Franconia Notch, NH for the weekend. Ahhhh fall foliage and fresh northern NE air is my heaven!

This is the time of year I like to invite Floridians to leave heavens waiting room and enjoy mother nature at its best here in NE! :thumblef:

I was in Appleton Wisconsin on the 4th of July a few years ago specing a few new firetrucks at the Pierce plant. It was 58 degrees at 1:00 pm, I asked if we could hold the meeting outdoors, The other people thought I was nuts!

:thumblef:

I agree, and for the most part I always loved summer up there too (decades past). These days it seems you guys are getting the same hot humid weather that we have down here though - without all of the air conditioning..

NICE!!!! I bet that largemouth is a real nice fish for up north... I'm only about 2 hours east of Lake Fork here in Texas and I don't fish it near like I would like to.. It is loaded with double digit bass and the dog days of summer are some of the best days to catch them...

:thumblef:

I agree, and for the most part I always loved summers up there too (decades past). These days it seems you guys are getting the same hot humid summer weather that we have down here - without all of the air conditioning..:thumblef:

I'm heading to Twin Mountains on Sunday!! Love the White Mountains!!! Especially after Labor Day.Everyone is gone!!! Peace and quiet. Just a campfire and plenty of Capt.& cokes!!! I'm looking to climb Mt. Washington on one of my days.

Enjoying last semi warm month(s) before winter and snow comes.
got first ice on dusters roof vinyl this summer, still stars fine :)
soon it will be 20'' of snow ewerywhere and way bellow zero

Attachments

• WP_000160.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 143
Oh yeah,mid October is the optimal time to take her to the pavement. No extreme heat, no pollen, no ice, no worries ( except for deer and football traffic.).

Here at the cosgig compound there is only one thing on our minds right now...the Wheatland Music Festival!!! It is absolutely the best festival ever and this will be our 20th year going!! The kids have never missed one!! Lots of good music, lots of good friends and great times!! The weekend after Labor Day if anyone's interested!!!! Geof

Usually try to get a week of camping this time of year(nice t@b, by the way)as the nights are usually a little cooler and the days are still warm enough to get out and enjoy the outdoors. Didn't have the forethought three months ago to make reservations so camping this week is out of the question. And it looks like every weekend is full for September so looks like no more camping this summer for me.

-
Back