What do you think it's worth?

-

NodakDuster

Reaction score
What do you think this Dart is worth? I found it while out working today. The guy said he would sale it to me. I am not up on early Dart prices. It is fairly solid but does have some rust and at some point the wheel wells and lower quarters have been trimmed. I don't know if it has a v8 or not. It is an auto.

314E9588-7408-43A7-9379-6127361A83E5_zpsfsdi68n2.jpg

35266EFC-58E6-4D58-9D83-CF664CED9DE2_zps9e28deax.jpg

540BE524-29C5-4968-B7EA-73260566A5AF_zpslhykwf52.jpg

0DD06442-19F6-481F-BE62-7EDB862C3135_zpsgrkbhkpd.jpg

7FCE8C7A-423C-4927-AFD4-07BA9D9BEF35_zps9shjij5t.jpg

6FD51502-C19D-4EC4-BDA2-F18A4DC86608_zpsk9l1rkzy.jpg

5F721127-202A-413F-8EC1-2B6DB081C656_zpszesowj6e.jpg

less than $600, missing the headlight trim ring & the taillights look wrong -- both extremely difficult parts to attain.
early "a" cars are a tough sell, great cars/ drag cars. Lawrence

Typically I HATE when guys throw clear coat over rust and faded paint but that thing looks great with that color and patina.

I wish I could help you out on price but that car right there is what I want bad.

64 was indeed the first year for the V8 so it could have one.

What do you want to do with it?
To make it a driver you'll have more invested in it than you could sell it for since it's missing the head light bezel & has other needs.
For a parts car the things most are looking for are gone already.
It is a neat car with a lot if potential but it's not worth much, I'd say $500 is top.

like they said, $500 tops. IMO. the headlight bezels are really tough to find, the taillites are too!!!!! these are fun cars but not really worth a lot of $$$ after you make it just a nice driver. buy it because that's a car you want and don't count your $$ and labor... buy it being warned of all this if you like. I have one so I know!!

Why exactly are the headlight rings hard to get? Is there no one making them anymore?

My next car will possible be a early a so I am a bit curious.

No more than $500. If it's rotted underneath you canpart it out and recover your outlay. I would hot rod it

doogievlg just watching threads over time (& owners looking for these)-- the headlight rings & taillight stuff for the 63-64 dart are difficult to find in decent used shape-- do not know if re-popped-- but if they are a pair might cost the same as the whole car.

just simple economics, the fewer made the higher priced the parts if there are any(parts/collectors) .Lawrence

doogievlg just watching threads over time (& owners looking for these)-- the headlight rings & taillight stuff for the 63-64 dart are difficult to find in decent used shape-- do not know if re-popped-- but if they are a pair might cost the same as the whole car.

just simple economics, the fewer made the higher priced the parts if there are any(parts/collectors) .Lawrence

I don't know much about early As but somewhere I had the impressions that laysons or one of those companies had re-pops for those headlight bezels and tail light stuff.

The re-pop market has really exploded in the last few years ...I was surprised to find re-pop tail light bezels and lenses for my 68 dart.

What is the alternative? Or do all of these early guys fork out big bucks for little stuff like that?

doogievlg, Yes.Early A reproduction parts ,if you can find any are VERY expensive.

parts for a 64 aren't as in need as for a 68. Early A stuff is much harder to get, period. 500 is a stretch. Looks more like a $2-300 at best.

Thanks guys. He was asking 600.00. I wasn't interrsted in making money from it. Hell I have never found a car I could do that with lol.

I had to give $ 150.00 for a set of nice driver quality headlight rings for mine and felt like I got a smoking deal.I think Laysons repops them but seems they were north of $250.00. Good taillights are almost impossible to find and extremely expensive if found.I was lucky mine were in very good driver quality condition. Certain parts for the 63-66 Darts seem hard to find and cost a lot.

well any car is worth at least the price of scrap.
the headlight rings and taillights on 63-4 tend to stick out from the car making them easy to damage.
some models of our old mopars are less expensive to find needed parts for than other models. and the cost of parts, restoration, etc has nothing to do with the value if you decide to sell. best to find a model you like and find a complete car in the best condition you can.

well any re-pop part is expensive but the availability is all that matters .....if a part is not available at all then it wont matter how much a person is willing to spend.

when I got my re-pop tail lights I was more worried about the quality and availability more so than the price.

Any re-pop or nice used part is usually expensive that is why this is a big kid sport. There are a lot of cheaper hobbies like basket weaving. :D

-
Back