What do you think of this Duster?

-
Looks nice in pics, but I would want to see photos of the resto process, know how long it's been since the resto, since the engine work etc.

-- Looks nice in pics, but I would want to see photos of the resto process, know how long it's been since the resto, since the engine work etc. --
-- Sheet metal work etc. ???

No VIN listed, no fender tag in the pictures. If it's an actual H code 4 speed car with matching numbers I'd be surprised. If it is it's worth the asking price, if not then not so much. It's a '73 after all. It looks clean, but no pictures of the underside and no telling how much bondo is in there from the pictures. Could be as clean as it looks, or not.

Wheels and tires don't fit right. Wrong backspacing. If you like it where it sits it's ok, but if you think you're going to lower it any in the front you'll need new wheels.

Could be a decent buy (it's no steal) if everything is as it appears, but if there's any surprises it's overpriced.

Lot of money for a 73 Duster regardless of original engine.

-- Sheet metal work etc. ???

Yes, sheet metal work, is it a blow over paint job, or down to bare metal job, what kind of materials did they use etc. $16k is an expensive '73 Duster unless it's was done right. If it was all done well, it's worth it.

I think without more info on VIN and numbers, its difficult to say. Looks decent, but not 17k decent.

I think without more info on VIN and numbers, its difficult to say. Looks decent, but not 17k decent.

Totally agree. Looking at the pictures again the blackout area on the hood is not done that well, the paint doesn't look great. Probably primer instead of flattened topcoat, and if that's the case it won't hold up in the sun. The way they blacked out the cowl is wrong too, it should be purple, that's why it has the goofy looking tape lines on the A-pillars. Couple of the pictures show dents in the rocker molding, etc, so they reused all the trim. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but either they didn't bother to straighten it when it was off the car, or they didn't remove it for paint. If they didn't remove it for paint then you can assume that the paint job isn't that great, even if it's shiny now. There's no pictures with enough detail to see if they did it right or not. It's easy to make a car look good from a few feet away. Even the couple of close ups with accurate reflections don't tell you the whole story. My Challenger looked great in pictures like the ones on that ad. But then you peel back the carpet and see the pavement through the holes in the floor. There's a lot that isn't shown in that ad. Like the entire underside of the car, inside of the trunk, etc.

And if they knew they had a real H code car, I would think they would have mentioned that. I would have, since it raises the value of the car pretty significantly.

Beeeeeek!
No Rally dash,
Rubber fuel-line, Vac.secondary carb,beek,wrong T-cable anchor,no PCV, beek
Universal battery hold down,beek
Front's too high,rear's too low, beek,tires stick out too far.Rears are waaaay too skinny.Beeeeeek
Nothing that can't be fixed.
I like it.I'd like to own it,I'd like to pin-it, for mile-long blackies.
But I can't afford that, unless I won a lottery.
But I'd miss my Rally dash.

First mod? Bye-bye beeeeek.
Second mod, bye-bye 340-4spd, and wheels.I gotta have a 367-5spd
Third mod;Rally dash

I disagree.
That's not a true beak. That's only a bulge.

Yeah Duster's don't have beaks. I still like the earlier body style better. But there are lots of folks that like the later style too. It's cheaper to like the later style, I'll tell you that!

guess I see things different - offer 12,500 - - try to get it for around 14 maaaaybe 15 - get the headliner in there and drive the daylights out that sweet ride... go stomp some imports! I think it's nuts out cool as hell!

I bet if a member here posted it on this site, they'd ask $20,000 for it and everyone would say it's a steal.

Is that body damage on passenger side ? if it is run forrest.....beak

this is interesting - I sent him a message on EBay and asked about the car - he replied and said it is sold - via CL.. yet the Ebay ad (as of right now) is still active..

No integrity now days!! List it, get a bunch of bids but not your price range, then claim it's sold!! Why list it on eBay then???

-
Back