What do you think.?

-

tiltsix

Reaction score
I just received a complete 360 crate engine.it has never been fired,been on engine stand for about 10 years.it is a molar performance short block with eddy performer rpm heads and mp 509 cam.I will dismantle and inspect everything.I have air gap intake and 850 Holley. What kind of up can I expect?.....................thanks....Jeff

Why dismantle? Its a crate engine, never been fired... inspect the bores with a borescope and if no water damage.... fire it up!

I would put break in oil in it and run the oil pressure up on both sides run it and break it in...

Why dismantle? Its a crate engine, never been fired... inspect the bores with a borescope and if no water damage.... fire it up!

Especially if it's a hydraulic cam engine. Lifters not pumped up, no valve spring harm. If it's clean, bust that puppy off. Sounds like around 375 - 400 or so HP to me.

I just received a complete 360 crate engine.it has never been fired,been on engine stand for about 10 years.it is a molar performance short block with eddy performer rpm heads and mp 509 cam.I will dismantle and inspect everything.I have air gap intake and 850 Holley. What kind of up can I expect?.....................thanks....Jeff

my yellow dart had a MP short block (came with the 508 purple came) with eddy heads, eddy RPM intake 750 dp, 904 with 9.5" converter and a 3.91 geared 8 3/4 rear.. car would run a consistent 12.20's. best run was a 12.17. i'm sure if i was serious about it and really tried to tune it for the track i could have squeezed a bit more from it.. if i remember correctly the math said it made about 350hp at the rear wheels..

here was the original article on my engine build (by the previous owner). a few things were changed but the basics were the same.

mag053.jpg

mag054.jpg

mag055.jpg

mag056.jpg

Good luck, whatever you decide.
In response to your question what do I think, or can you expect.
I try not to think or expect much, it just complicates things.

my yellow dart had a MP short block (came with the 508 purple came) with eddy heads, eddy RPM intake 750 dp, 904 with 9.5" converter and a 3.91 geared 8 3/4 rear.. car would run a consistent 12.20's. best run was a 12.17. i'm sure if i was serious about it and really tried to tune it for the track i could have squeezed a bit more from it.. if i remember correctly the math said it made about 350hp at the rear wheels..

I loved that car. It was so cool. Rust and all. lol

Good luck, whatever you decide.
In response to your question what do I think, or can you expect.
I try not to think or expect much, it just complicates things.

With no expectations, disappointment is nonexistent.

Thanks all ,it will be going in a 72 scamp with a 518 overdrive(I think) with a 8.8 with 4:10 gears and disc brakes.Ill keep y'all posted when I actually get to working on it .

-
Back