What does this toggle switch do?

-

73_Dart

Reaction score
Hello, can you guys tell me what this toggle switch does?
I know in the first pic the toggle closest is the map light. but the second switch is right above the e-brake.
CIMG1879.jpg

This is a closer picture of it.
CIMG1883.jpg

I cant figure out what it does.
I am so curious as to what it does?

Best to trace the wires back if you can to see where they go. I had a similar switch on my Dart that ended up being a make shift immobilizer that shut off the positive feed to the coil.

Hydrosolator bypass switch?
Seriously, it's not stock. Trace the wires back or roll the dice and flip it and see what doesnt/does work.

Old moonshiner trick. My bet is a kill switch for the tail lights and brake lights. Probably a DPST switch. I installed one in my 70 RR back in the day.

Hydrosolator bypass switch?
Seriously, it's not stock. Trace the wires back or roll the dice and flip it and see what doesnt/does work.
And just pray it's not for the automatic tampon remover addon...... :sad6:

I think it does something with the cd player or speakers. There is speaker wires hooked to it. Gonna look into it more later.

I think it does something with the cd player or speakers. There is speaker wires hooked to it. Gonna look into it more later.

Just because there are speaker wires hooked to it doesn't necessarily mean its for the radio or speakers!

When whatever knuckle head installed the radio into my car they also spliced speaker wire into the harness! I still have to trace it all down, but it involves the dimmer switch, dome lighting and possibly the door switches. :angry5:

Doesn't anyone know that there's an accessory plug in the harness behind the dash? All you need is a bullet connector. Instead I got 12 feet of speaker wire and a lead soldered onto one of my fuses for power. :wack:

At any rate, I'd trace the wires down before I messed with it too much.

theres a switch in my valiant in the same spot,someone back in the day had red lights up under dash.they later hooked lights into the dash lights but left the switch and all the wires.

I put a switch in my Duster for the electric fuel pump in almost the same place (but mine was more hidden by the e-brake).

Although it is missing the handle it looks like a generic parts store switch that's hooked up to some customer installed gizmo. I have never seen Ma Mopar use a switch like that or place it there. There is probably a hole there already that the switch handily fit into.

-
Back