what does your early abody look like?

-
Reaction score
hi, im trying to get ideas for my 63 valiant 2 door post. any pics you want to share 63-66 would be great. thanks to all.:cheers:

heres a pic when i got it, ita was sitting under that same tree for 3 years offered the guy $500.00 for it. got a battery and gas and drive it about 40 miles home. the next one is about a year later most of the changes you cant see, 360, 4 speed, disc brakes, 8 3/4 rear, frontend rebuild. its been alot of fun!

Here is my Pro-street '65 HEMI Valiant...engine is a '56 354 inch Chrysler HEMI backed by a TH350 with a narrowed 9-inch. The frame has been tied together with sub-frame connecters and a 6-point roll bar. The front end has been updated with poly bushings and a '74 Dart disc brake set-up. My Dad and I did all the work ourselves except the roll bar, we had a lot fun during the 3 1/2 year project. Thanks Brian

00230015-02-smlr.jpg

56 HEMI engine1.JPG

Sorry no early A for us. Diva said to many cars in the yard already!! Nice looking cars, as for the 65 Valiant, The 354 looks like A 426 in that engine bay, nice job!!! Oh we traded A set of 331 firepower heads, for DodgeDivas whole 72 Duster 15 years ago. Keep up the good work.

Hey 65Valliant' That's the coolest early Valliant I've ever seen. I allways wanted to do that with a 64 Dart but I bought my 66 instead. No regrets for buying the 66 but I don't want to tub it. It's worth more original.

Keep up the good work and how about more photos. Toolmanmike

Here's my 1964 Dart Gt. It has been mini tubbed to fit 12.5 ET streets under it. The wheels are RADIR wheels and are 60's nostalgic. I kept the interior orginal with one small tach on the dash and a few 2 1/16 " gages built in to the dash where the radio was.

A-BodyJoe, I didn't realize that you've got a Wedge in your Valliant. Sounds like lots of fun!!! toolmanmike

Hey Jysnflem, what kind of times does your 64 run? toolmanmike

Running 415 small block, 10.2 compression ,904 pushbutton, 4:11 gear on 28" x 12.5 with Edelbrock heads. Running with mufflers the best time ever was 11.42 116mph. With open headers 11.35 119mph. I don't have a roll cage so I got only two trys with the headers open before the track told me to slow it down.

Here is my 63 Dart, daily driver beater.

S7300637.jpg

Yeha those rear wheel openings are cut open to fit those tires .....
S7300635.jpg

S7300264.jpg

All 170 Cid of slanted motivation :)
S7300423a.jpg

I didn't want to cut the dash for the radio so I built this box out of wood.

abodyjoe ... That is a sweet looking sleeper.

65Valiant ... I love that HEMI in there.

jysnflem ... Good looking 64.

Oh and I have to say THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS HAVING TO MANY CARS IN YOUR YARD, IF YOU ARE A CAR GUY :) Counting my junkers and parts cars I have 18 cars and trucks in the yard, 1 motorcycle in the yard, 1 motorcycle in the garage, and 1 motorcycle in the house. The wife has never said a word about it. :)

TopHat

I just finished the Dart. It is actually the car built to NHRA specs. The Coronet is my street car. Both are '65s.

street+and+strip1.jpg

-
Back