what does your early abody look like?

-
This is my car. I got it a few weeks ago. These pics were taken the day I bought it, but it looks a little better now. I washed it, then tookl some rubbing compound to it. It took most of the oxidation off. The car has had about 3 paint jobs, so I wasn't really worried about going too deep.

I'm gonna drive it for the summer, then start working on it when the weather turns cold.

dsc01479ht4.jpg

dsc01481sp8.jpg

dsc01482at9.jpg

where did you buy that car? looks alot like one that was for sale here in jersey. looked at it but they wanted too much for it at the time. your looks a little cleaner but it could be the same car.

I bought it off craigslist from a guy here in the Atlanta area. He said it was originally a Virginia car, then moved her to Georgia. I found some receipts in the glove box from the original owner that match up with his story, plus it had VA inspection stickers on the windshield.

You can't see it in the pics, but the right side rocker panel is pretty much all bondo. It got hit on that side and the rocker panel/floor is pretty pushed in. That's going to be my biggest challenge in fixing this car. Anyone know a good restoration body hope here in the ATL area?

could be the car from her twin. the car that was here was pearl white at one time. like i said yours looks better then the one that was here for sale. the one here needed floors too and the quarters were popping pretty good too.

My first changes,
tag it for the road,
Thank you grumpuscreature for the front tags, her name is Victoria,
Beauty rings for the factory 13's and a good cassette player
and I hid the boss pair of speakers in the basket.

I have enjoyed a troble free 1.200 miles on here,:-D
Oil level is still on the mark :cheers:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.jpg

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 002.jpg

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv 020.jpg

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv 017.jpg

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv 010 (Custom).jpg

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv 008.jpg

Here's mine - 66 Formula S sold new in Sweden. Bought it in 2003 and will NEVER sell it....

Wish it had a rear bumper as straight and shiny as yours, memike!

121-2164_IMG.jpg

121-2166_OKIMG.jpg

I bought this car after it sat in a driveway for 12 years. I am going to attempt to attach a pic.

I was already planning on putting rallys on my '63, but you totally took care of every doubt I had about it not looking as good in real life as it does in my mind. Sharp car Frank :thumbup:

Thank you.

It originally had the 13" wheels and hubcaps. The rallyes really set the look.
I wish I had some pics I could post of the car with the small tires and caps.

I used the rallyes and 215/60r14 tires.

Thank you.

It originally had the 13" wheels and hubcaps. The rallyes really set the look.
I wish I had some pics I could post of the car with the small tires and caps.

I used the rallyes and 215/60r14 tires.

Yeah, mine has the 13's and hubcaps now, I think I'd be a heck of a lot more motivated to work on it if there were ralleys on it now, wheels just make the car. I saw two good sets back right before I got the car for $100 each, hopefully I'll come across some more soon

Franktiregod!! That 66 looks great! Nice choice on the wheels
Thanks for your support :salut:

1964 hippo The first rag top 64 with skirts I have ever seen.
and a v8 too!! Nice cars:thumleft::thumleft:

Franktiregod!! That 66 looks great! Nice choice on the wheels
Thanks for your support :salut:

1964 hippo The first rag top 64 with skirts I have ever seen.
and a v8 too!! Nice cars:thumleft::thumleft:

No doubt! Nice rides. 64 convert would killer to have.

@ Hippo, really nice with the fender skirts!! I saw them a month ago on ebay but i missed it... damn!
How` my progress on my 64 valiant, Got it for a year now, new wheels + tires new roof, new weatherstripping, carpet, door panels. This winter i try to have it painted again but with the new 66 dart, which is gonna be a daily driver, it might take one more year. Plans for the dart are, new paint job, new wheels, new interior custom made (already working on that one, it`s gonna be nice!!) weatherstripping, and maybe ill put a 318 in it as well.
a year ago:
DSC_0763.jpg

Its getting better:
DSC_0498.jpg

Well, I`m proud to be able to posta pic of an early A.
This is my new "old" -66 Barracuda ,that I did own in the late seventies.
I just love it.

augusti-08 014 - Kopia.JPG

-
Back