What electric water pump is used with a Jesel belt drive?

-

Oldmanmopar

Going left turning right
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
This is on a small block. With a front cam driven distributor. We are doing away with the billet cover and the CSI pump

Steve 064.JPG

I think the water pump bosses stay the same. Everything else is sunk back to accept the belt drive. No real world experience, just look at a LOT of pics....

We are moving the engine back 3 inches and going with a belt drive distributor off the cam. Factory fire wall must be kept in place . Yes I will sell the cover after the new engine is done.

I have had many inquires for the cover. My son can make another one if he gets time. But I don't see that happening anytime soon. We copied and modified that cover for the lower alternator bracket used from the power steering. We already sold the carb and other parts.

The engine is sitting here fresh and stretch wrapped. We will be tearing it back down. We need the block for the new Pistons , Crank ,and Rods. If I find another R3 block I'll sell the engine long block.

This is my R3 with the Weber belt drive. The Smith Innovation adapter/spacers mate the R3 to the standard LA Meziere water pump. The spacers were a limited run so I bought 2 sets. So basically a whole bunch of “unobtanium”…. Weber belt drive, R3, SI spacers, W8… gotta love SBM. I have the gear and mounting plate for the front mount distributer. Just never went there…

ED63DF01-FBD8-490F-81A3-93FFCA3DE466.jpeg

D1D779D0-306B-429E-8C29-BDAB57785EA4.jpeg

1E9A1EC9-27ED-4C48-B3B3-731B1C704864.jpeg

This is my R3 with the Weber belt drive. The Smith Innovation adapter/spacers mate the R3 to the standard LA Meziere water pump. The spacers were a limited run so I bought 2 sets. So basically a whole bunch of “unobtanium”…. Weber belt drive, R3, SI spacers, W8… gotta love SBM. I have the gear and mounting plate for the front mount distributer. Just never went there…

View attachment 1715969609

View attachment 1715969610

View attachment 1715969612
Thanks for the info. Steve

-
Back