What engine hoist for pulling engine/trans while on cribs?

-

robcuda

Reaction score
Anyone pull an engine with the trans while on 12" cribs? Any tips or advice for doing it this way? The setup was originally put in while on the ground and access to a lift. Trying to get a better working set up for my garage. Should I be looking for a hoist with a longer reach than the entry levels? It's a 360 Magnum with 46re, 64 Cuda. Thanks a bunch for any input.

Good ol POS from HF did the trick pulling the 318/904 out of my Dart Hang 10. The adjustable engine hoist is a must to get the angles right with leaving the hood on..

60FEF5CF-48F9-44F3-A1DC-5C676903BBEB.png

Is it Safe for me to Pull the Engine out by the Intake Manifold on a '65 273 with the lil 5/16" Bolts?

Good ol POS from HF did the trick pulling the 318/904 out of my Dart Hang 10. The adjustable engine hoist is a must to get the angles right with leaving the hood on..

View attachment 1715803428
I probab
I’m not a fan of the “carb plate” for pulling out motors. Using 4 bolts into the heads seems safer to me..
Which part of the head are you bolting into? Are you using
What's a crib?
Sorry, what I should have asked is what hoist are you guys using when you've got the car on pretty tall jack stands which would be similar to this crib method.

Those look great! Yea, I'm going to make a second pair out of wood. I just lucked out and found a set on craigslist as I was planning my lumber purchase. Are you pulling the engine in and out while on those cribs?
No I have a low roof, I would if it was taller. Then I would install a overhead crane.

Anyone pull an engine with the trans while on 12" cribs? Any tips or advice for doing it this way? The setup was originally put in while on the ground and access to a lift. Trying to get a better working set up for my garage. Should I be looking for a hoist with a longer reach than the entry levels? It's a 360 Magnum with 46re, 64 Cuda. Thanks a bunch for any input.
Any old engine crane should work well with the front end elevated a foot or so. That's how I always do it.

No I have a low roof, I would if it was taller. Then I would install a overhead crane.
I wasn't paying attention in Geometry, hot teacher, that's another story, so I may just buy a hoist and see what happens, LOL. B
Any old engine crane should work well with the front end elevated a foot or so. That's how I always do it.
Hey man, I really appreciate it.

Price of lumber now days those would cost $100 each. (but let's not go there) :rofl::rofl:

I wasn't paying attention in Geometry, hot teacher, that's another story, so I may just buy a hoist and see what happens, LOL. B
I wished I would’ve had a hot teacher.

-
Back