What food can you get at 1am in your area

-
I only ate at a White Castle once. I might have just had a bad experience, but the burgers were SO GREASY that I could not eat them. The buns were SO GREASY I probably could have wrung 2 tablespoons of grease out of each one. And the fries were undercooked and GREASY. I will NEVER go back.
Added a few minutes later: I forgot to say that we (me, wife and 2 kids) threw the food away and went somewhere else.

Last edited:
I haven't been out at 1am in a long time most of the places are closed unless you can find a burrito at a gas station

Except for eating at home or a gas station with a hot dogs, about all we have are a few McDonalds and a local chain called Mexican Taco Shop that are 24 hours. I am not exactly a night animal, so there might be something else, but I don't think so. Topeka is not known for its night life.

The Hat is very good too.
Just get the small fries though. The large will feed a family.

pastrami is just downright expensive where ever you go nowadays it seems.

Ive heard their other items are great too. Never bothered in past since sorta pricey. But now they Chain fast food prices have risen so much… it not as big of difference.

there’s one here in Simi Valley. The original is in Alhambra. And there’s a couple? others.

eod8a171qp171.jpg

Last edited:
@dirty white boy, tell me more about Ludlow. We go through there a couple times a month, and it's almost an automatic potty stop for the pooches. We used to go to the dairy queen, but its been closed now for about a year and a half. Some snack food in the middle of the trip would be nice.

And I can make two meals out of a Hat pastrami dip. Two meals and a snack if I add onion rings.

The Hat is very good too.
Just get the small fries though. The large will feed a family.

pastrami is just downright expensive where ever you go nowadays it seems.

Ive heard their other items are great too. Never bothered in past since sorta pricey. But now they Chain fast food prices have risen so much… it not as big of difference.

there’s one here in Simi Valley. The original is in Alhambra. And there’s a couple? others.

View attachment 1715792489
Looks tasty

@dirty white boy, tell me more about Ludlow. We go through there a couple times a month, and it's almost an automatic potty stop for the pooches. We used to go to the dairy queen, but its been closed now for about a year and a half. Some snack food in the middle of the trip would be nice.

And I can make two meals out of a Hat pastrami dip. Two meals and a snack if I add onion rings.
dariy queen at ludlow??? its been a while, only thing was there last time i past threw was a conveniences store and a lil restaurant remind ya of a old HOJO! thats all it was, a potty stop,..or a nap if got to tired to make it on to barstow or needles...just a exit in the desert that did'nt lead any wheres....

Rolling Pin Donuts in Camarillo, CA open all night. (Between Thousand Oaks and Ventura)

cronuts…. Croissant donut, sugar/cinnamon topped. Plain, custard, or apple filled.

l.jpg

Last edited:
We got one 3 years ago about 12 mikes away, but they even close at 11. Used to sling boxes in cumbies warehouse in Westboro MA during college in the 80s.
ive rode around new england 3 and 4 days a many many weeks and dam cumberland farms be the only food id see on my route! it wont bad but make ya almost tear up when ya finally found a dam mcdoodles!!

The boy wanted taco bell the other day, but they were closed

When I finally got a hold of em they told me they got staffing issues, and are now open 4p to 8p

The boy wanted taco bell the other day, but they were closed

When I finally got a hold of em they told me they got staffing issues, and are now open 4p to 8p

went to a jack in the box in Ventura at 1pm and they only offered drive thru. The indoor eating area was closed.

friend’s 17 yo kid works in Panarea Bread and it’s $#!+show. Low staff, can’t retain workers ….. at $14/hr.

-
Back