what fuel pump

-

moparraceman

Reaction score
have a 73 duster street car, 600 holley, small cam,355-1 gear ,727. beside the norm red and blue holleys what else do you guys run? need probably 5-6 PSI ? o cant run mechincal doesnt have rod or cam to do so thanks

I've been using the Carter P4070 for almost a year now. No issues other than I'm not a fan of the electrical connections to the pump. They are push on. I put a clamp around mine, then a strip of duct tape. I also used rubber washers on the bolts at the frame to quiet it down a little.

I run holley red with a big carter mechanical. Rock steady 5 lbs. I have found that the crappy regulators that come with the blue create more issues than they solve stepping up to the blue. I ran a blue with the provided regulator. Ran a black with the provided regulator. All had issues. I knew someone running the combo red with a mechanical any it worked great. It was either that or spend $$$ on a good regulator.

I run holley red with a big carter mechanical. Rock steady 5 lbs. I have found that the crappy regulators that come with the blue create more issues than they solve stepping up to the blue. I ran a blue with the provided regulator. Ran a black with the provided regulator. All had issues. I knew someone running the combo red with a mechanical any it worked great. It was either that or spend $$$ on a good regulator.
Why both electric and mechanical? So it fills the bowls after sitting? I get 1-2 psi bounce from my stock style mechanical. I imagine the electric smooths that out.

Yes, the electric helps because it sits and eddy carbs are famous for evaporating the fuel out of the bowls. Years ago I was chasing my tail on a serious nose over at 4800 rpm. Thought it was fuel supply which lead me down the road of electric pumps/cheap regulators. I got very tired of the issue and knew the combo would work. Also I used to drive the car to the races. It will still run if the electric dies. Not over 4000 rpm but will get me home. The original issue turned out to be bad hyd lifters. Went solid flat tappet and problem solved.

It used to show 3-4 lbs at full throttle. Just because there is pressure doesn’t mean the bowls are not low at full throttle. With both pumps it never goes below 5 and the car became more consistent.

In my 340 I am running only a Electric Holley Blue pump with psi set @7. No problems and fuel their when I need it...

-
Back