What Happened to my friend Strokerscamp

-
Status
Not open for further replies.

dovercrossing

Go Mountaineers
Reaction score
Did you ban yourself, send me a PM and I'll give you my personal email address. I need some advice my friend. Your one of the few that make good ole boy sense!

Good question,last time he was banned for a week...
Maybe one of the mods can chime in and tell us what happened.

yeah whats up?

I know he speaks his mind from time to time but he always seemed to be a good guy and was FULL of really good information.....good member here

he was banned over something to do with a glass hood for sale...

banned for life...

you guys can still get ahold of him on Facebook (Rob Merritt)

he is doing well and his dart is coming along well, slow but coming

What do you mean banned for Life.

for life... means... for life lol...

really crappy i know... he is like wild, they stand there ground if someone trys to be a jerk and they get bit for it... granted they do start stuff... lol

I would like to know details on what exactly was so bad that he had to be banned for life.

Maybe the mods would allow him back if the members were ok with it.

then again I don't know the story so I don't know how serious whatever it was that got hi banned and if it was a good choice doing so.

never the less......he was a pretty good guy.

I spoke with him on the phone last week and that is what happened. he was banned over a post regarding a glass hood for sale. I never had any issues with him and he is a wealth of knowledge on all things Mopar. I for one, will miss him out here. Hopefully the mods may reconsider this decision.

I spoke with him on the phone last week and that is what happened. he was banned over a post regarding a glass hood for sale. I never had any issues with him and he is a wealth of knowledge on all things Mopar. I for one, will miss him out here. Hopefully the mods may reconsider this decision.

exactly...

appanetly the guy said he had a hoof for sale but wouldn't take it out of the box...

so SS told him to take it out of the box to take pics... guy said no

SS said then who do i know there is anything in it?

and im sure you know how the rest went lol

Guys, it goes a lot further then one thread. He had tons of warnings, tons of infraction, 3 temporary bannings. Every time he had the same excuse. I know he made lots of friends here but rules are rules and if you dont follow them eventually you are showed the door.

Sounds like him...
They must erase his posts.
I miss him on here and was looking forward to 63 dart build because I bought mine at just before he got his and was selling the scamp.
TXDart

If thats what happen,and the guy would not take the hood out of the box to show the condition or what a person might be buying,I would be upset too,and if the MODS here did banned him for that,they are as crazy as the guy selling the hood.I hope there is more to this,as this would not be my policy on out mopar web site. www.MYMOPAR.com that would be just insane.Because you want to cover your ***,ask questions and ask for info and pictures,you are banned.There has to be way more to this,as some one has to call him,ask the question and post his responce to this,as the sites mods won,t do it,or give a reason for it and why,if they have the balls to do it.Maybe one of these big time site gods is in on the deal for the hood??? Not sure but some thing is happening when you add 2+2 here and it adds up to 7.Since this site is in the USA,don,t you have the right to be heard by your pears,and explain your actions,or is it about the fact that if I have the gun and bullets,its my rules,and you have no say,mrmopartech

Rules are rules, If you want him at your site thats fine. Again, it wasnt just that one thread. He was pretty good at calling names, insulting others, ruining peoples threads then blaming it on having to much to drink.

Sounds to me like he had enough warnings... it also sounds like it wasnt just the glass hood thread either....maybe he should hook a breathalyzer up to his computer

^^^^^^^^^^^^^now that was too funny!

i do agree with some though. he is a great guy, always caring to help out the next man.

THE BIGGEST DRAWBACK ON HIM................ HE WASD HONEST AND STRAIGHT TO THE POINT. and alot of the newer generation is not ready to handle someone like him. they would rather hide the truth or facts, to where he layed his cards right on the table.
i do not agree with banning him, but i do not run the site.
i just think in a aspect of his knowledge, he is right on, and added more smarts to the site, rather than negitivity, even though at times, there was alot of that too.
i sat on the phone with him one night, and within the 20 minutes we talked, he had two other calls come in from members on here, needing his assistance, and have me on hold for 30 minutes each time.

he will be missed in my book.

Banned for life huh?...could the moderator be my first (ex) wife?

Rules are rules, If you want him at your site thats fine. Again, it wasnt just that one thread. He was pretty good at calling names, insulting others, ruining peoples threads then blaming it on having to much to drink.
well i seen some of the stuff he did and i think u did the right thing if i did what he was i would get seen to the door 2

If thats what happen,and the guy would not take the hood out of the box to show the condition or what a person might be buying,I would be upset too,and if the MODS here did banned him for that,they are as crazy as the guy selling the hood.I hope there is more to this,as this would not be my policy on out mopar web site. www.MYMOPAR.com that would be just insane.Because you want to cover your ***,ask questions and ask for info and pictures,you are banned.There has to be way more to this,as some one has to call him,ask the question and post his responce to this,as the sites mods won,t do it,or give a reason for it and why,if they have the balls to do it.Maybe one of these big time site gods is in on the deal for the hood??? Not sure but some thing is happening when you add 2+2 here and it adds up to 7.Since this site is in the USA,don,t you have the right to be heard by your pears,and explain your actions,or is it about the fact that if I have the gun and bullets,its my rules,and you have no say,mrmopartech

He went overboard too many times.

Robs a cool dude, he posted threads for members in need, thats pretty stand up.
If it wasnt for Rob cluing me in to certain members situations...I might not have sent any of the donations I did.....

People get all uppity over his 'from the hip' sense of humor...but remember me and my record...then go look at my post history and all the info I have brought here.....

People do deserve a redo, how many?...I cant say..but we all have a different pace...

Remember...it's just the internet...
Thats all Im saying on this.

Well..... it is always unfortunate when friends conduct themselves poorly.... the basic problem does not belong to the MODS...SS has gone off and gotten downright nasty IN THE WRONG FORUMS.... there are places here where you can say whatever and it is overlooked but as someone has pointed out before...some folks let their kids sit on their laps while they surf FABO ....

I know a few folks that have been BANNED for life as a friend by getting hammered at their friends wedding and bitching out the grooms MOM!!! Needless to say HE is no longer welcome at either house for ANY reason and it will likely go on as long as they are all alive!..... when YOU take it over the top, YOU have to be ready to accept the consequences, or have a seriously good reason for doing that....a fiberglass hood and or being drunk while surfing is NOT a seriously good reason...in fact it is a downright pathetic reason.
That being said and closed.... onto the other side...... Are there NOT rules about posting items for sale on FABO? Do they not say to include the price and pics and the area where you live or where the item will be shipped from so folks can calc the approx shipping? Is that NOT a RULE as well?
I believe I read something pretty similar at the TOP of the classifieds section..... and since I have seen likely 50 people outright ignore those RULES repeatedly. WHEN the Seller was approached with mild suggestions to follow the rules to make it easier for FABO buyers, several sellers became quite belligerent and very few corrected their Ad's/posts. While I get that repeated name calling is one thing and failing to put the appropriate info in an ad is quite another on a what is "poor form" on the part of the seller IT IS ALSO BREAKING THE RULES!!!! and breaking one rule is NO less different than breaking another rule..... RULES like LAWs are pretty much ALL at the SAME level.....now the penalty varies but breaking rules or laws is breaking them...PERIOD. there is no bending, there is no GRAY just like there is no a little bit pregnant ....you either are or aren't....
That being said....I am petitioning the MODS to BAN the seller for an appropriate time for breaking the rules. HAD the seller FOLLOWED the RULES and posted the pictures ( as the rules indicate) it is likely that SS would not have gotten into it with him.....now that does not mean that SS would not have gotten into it with someone else in the same evening....it simply says that he might NOT have had opportunity to go off on the negligent seller, who based on what I have heard & seen was NO Pollyanna in this sorted incident.
Hence the seller is not without guilt and should be made to stand int he corner at least for a little while.......

OVERALL I think this Banning is more than justified.... we were all warned a lil while ago by joey to cease and desist the sophomoric behavior of Name Calling and THREATS and such..... repeat law breaking offenders are given ever increasing sentencing with each occurrence until the finally piss off the same judge and get a seriously stiff sentence!! OR have their license revoked permanently..... The message here is When you are asked to STOP the name calling and threats and such...... YOU should stop...if you don't stop, I believe it is crystal clear what will happen.... the choice for OUR actions belongs to each of us, not the MODS! You break the rules, you do the time...pretty simple by me.

MODS please let us ALL know what happens to that seller! Rules is RULES and fair is fair!
my 2 centavos

robs a cool dude, he posted threads for members in need, thats pretty stand up.
If it wasnt for rob cluing me in to certain members situations...i might not have sent any of the donations i did.....

People get all uppity over his 'from the hip' sense of humor...but remember me and my record...then go look at my post history and all the info i have brought here.....

People do deserve a redo, how many?...i cant say..but we all have a different pace...

Remember...it's just the internet...
Thats all im saying on this.
x2

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back