What happened to the oil pan spacer?

-

1970 La

Reaction score
Any one try one of the small mopar 340-360 oil pan spacers (rear main)that was listed on ebay?

I cant seem to find them on there any more. It looked like a great deal to me, I was hoping someone here has tried one or knows were to get one. Thanks.

I got one from ebay a few years ago...seems like the guy comes and goes...

got it installed on a short block with 340 pan...but engine has never run.

Was the fitment alright? It looked like a good deal to me. I'll keep watching for the next round.

yes...had to tap it into the pan seal area on the rear main...otherwise no problem

his name was like Rick Liuzzio...something like that out of Pennsylvania

360 LA pans where they meet the half moon cutout at the rear of the block are smaller than the rest of the smallblocks.

My understanding is that Magnums are the same size either 5.2 or 5.9

I know it sounds crazy. But all my race pans are for a 340 witch has a bigger rear main. They make a spacer so you can run a 340 oil pan on a 360 and I think they were around 40.00 so definatley cheaper than a new oil pan.

360 LA pans where they meet the half moon cutout at the rear of the block are smaller than the rest of the smallblocks.

so a 360LA has its own oil pan (body styles not included in this) and everything else can share? that weird. something to do with rear seal design or journal diameters?

My understanding is that Magnums are the same size either 5.2 or 5.9[/QUOTE]

I am sure you are correct.

I sure you are correct.[/QUOTE]

dont be so sure! ive only owned a small block (97 ram) for about a week or two! always been a SL6/BB guy lol

i would love to see a pic of this thing!

I kept this spacer in my watch list for a long while and like a dumby I deleted it. Maybe Tony can come up wit a pic for you.

the 5.2 now uses the same rear pan seal as the 5.9 which is the same as the LA 360..

I have several 340 deep sump pans...and ran out of 360 pans...the spacer at 35 bucks is cheaper then buying a new 360 pan...

Ran out to garage...and took a shot

340 pan with large rear seal on 360 engine with small seal rear cap.

Attachments

• IMG_0823.JPG
    124.7 KB · Views: 316
Wasn't there a fitment issue with 360 pans on Magnums? I know mine was not the best fit....

Wasn't there a fitment issue with 360 pans on Magnums? I know mine was not the best fit....

if you use a LA pan on a magnum..use the LA gasket.....whatever pan you use...use that version gasket.

-
Back