What Happens When You Combine a Challenger, Camaro and Mustang?

-
I'll be the first to comment.. It ain't half bad looking. And if you could take all the best attributes from each brand...performance and handling, etc.

Interesting. But if anybody ever makes it, they'll do the ultimate stupid and make it a four door.

It cant be that hard for the car designers to sit down and knock out a good looking ride! It also makes you wonder just what they were thinking when they "designed" the new Dart??? Or Charger for that matter...
Bring in some old school to the design- and sales would increase IMO.

It cant be that hard for the car designers to sit down and knock out a good looking ride! It also makes you wonder just what they were thinking when they "designed" the new Dart??? Or Charger for that matter...
Bring in some old school to the design- and sales would increase IMO.

i have never been in or drove the new dart and have not really paid much attention to them. In retrospect The charger is a really nice car but just should have been named something else

i have never been in or drove the new dart and have not really paid much attention to them. In retrospect The charger is a really nice car but just should have been named something else

Thats my main issue is that neither the Dart or the Charger look like/or have any similarities to their predecessors.
I had a Charger a few years ago and it was a nice car- but, it had no muscle car look that made it eventually unappealing to me.

Thats my main issue is that neither the Dart or the Charger look like/or have any similarities to their predecessors.
I had a Charger a few years ago and it was a nice car- but, it had no muscle car look that made it eventually unappealing to me.

i feel that way more about the charger because the dart i dont think(i could be wrong lol) was ever intended to be a muscle car and most of them seemed to be slant/6 grocery getters.

same with the Nova/Malibu/cutlass and many other classic muscle cars ughhh

Can you say GOVERMENT MANDATE

car designers today have to deal with current or coming GOVERMENT mandates in safety, that is a big reason for a lot of the design. They can still make cool cars, but due to restraints they all go the cheapest safe route in most cases

Read why the front of the new Mustang is shaped the way it is, pedestrian impact in Europe. It is now a world car and done to meet their standards also. WHO DESIGNS A CAR TO HIT A PERSON ON THE STREET? Guess we did that too with the hood ornaments went to spring loaded to none at all.

High belt line, side crash standards

Back up cameras a 2016 (think) mandated so you don't back over someone, also you cannot see out the back with the shape of these cars

The Charger name should not have been used, or Dart, BUT the Charger has been a good seller and is a good looking sedan. Magnum would have been more fitting as far as the Dart a 1962 Dart looks nothing like the 1963 and the 1967 looks nothing like the 1966, the car evolved, it was an economy car from 1963 till the end in 1976, most were slant 6 grocery getters that grandma drove. The new one is also an economy car, maybe they will make a muscle car Dart again, but it looks like a smaller version of the Charger, the European way of building car, different sizes same look

If I were looking for a sedan I would look at the Charger 1st available with v6 to the hellcat, kind of like 1969 all over again when you could get a Charger with a slant 6 to the HEMI

What's the punch line?

What Happens When You Combine a Challenger, Camaro and Mustang?

-
Back