What I would like...

-

mopardude318

Reaction score
Just to beat on and have fun, is a mid 80's to early 90's Fox body Mustang with a 5.0 5 spd manual...I dunno why, but I kinda like these cars, they always sound pretty good with a nice little rumble. I remember a couple years ago when I was stationed in Texas, my buddy had a beater '90 mustang 5.0 with a 5 speed. He let me drive it every now and then, and one day I couldn't help myself, I took it out for a drive, redlined every gear, winding the snot out of it, shifting hard and getting sideways, and it overheated and blew a radiator hose! Just thinking of that day makes me laugh every time, it never gets old...I think I really want one...I have been looking, but haven't found one in decent shape, or to my liking...There are some on craigslist, ranging from 2500-4500 for the nicest one...What do you guys think? Am I crazy? When I think about those fun times, it makes me happy...

Were it not for the Fox cars, Flowmaster would likely not exist today. That's where they got their start. Nuthin wrong with a fox car. I sorta always wanted a Fox body Capri.....just to be different. TONS of go fast goodies available for um.

I don't blame you, the mustangs are fun to drive.....I have had about 12 fox body mustangs and about 8 SN-95 style mustangs ( 94- 98 ) (they are technically still the fox platform just with new body panels)

and to be honest......yes those mustang fox's are light and can be quick and fun to drive.....but they are built like crap, the interior you will find that almost anything that has the potential to rattle ...will....lol.

whatever metal ford used on the mustangs in those years was not very corrosion resistant.

if you get one i would suggest getting the GT and not the LX (mainly for the cosmetic goodies that come on the GT).

but to be honest I think you would be much happier with a 94-98 mustang.

94 and 95 mustangs still used the 302 v8......96 and up started using the 4.6l which I am not a fan of when it comes to working on them....but they do run pretty good.

they are built much more solid,and safer....the interior is 10x nicer!

the metal they used is far less likely to rust out anywhere near as bad as the previous fox bodies.

they are just as quick and as powerful as a fox body ....they just weight a couple of pounds more is all....but who cares.

and they can be got for around the same price as a fox alot of the time.

just don't get rid of your mopars!!!

-
Back