what is a rallye dash?

-
what is a rallye dash?
Merry Christmas Dennis,
I looked back at some of the pictures you posted of your Barracuda and I believe you have a Rally dash in your car. Also your question about the top switch mount, I would be surprised that there isn't a spot for it in the dash. Post another picture of the dash and maybe we can help

Merry Christmas Dennis,
I looked back at some of the pictures you posted of your Barracuda and I believe you have a Rally dash in your car. Also your question about the top switch mount, I would be surprised that there isn't a spot for it in the dash. Post another picture of the dash and maybe we can help

IMG_0395.JPG

That was going to be my next question to you.
I have a 65 Canadian valiant convertible for parts that I bought and it has a dedicated spot for the top switch in the dash face. Be very careful removing that dash it's old like me and doesn't flex much. ;)

LOL your only 62 , I'm 67 and still building cars, put new struts and shocks on wife's jeep liberty today and still had time to work on cuda...

The thing in the red circle is the reset for the trip odometer. Looks like yours is missing the knob.

We traveled in calf a lot, mostly SF and north of there a little bit in Ontario , Thanks for the help Merry Christmas

You know Cos, I had a 70, 340 Duster back in the "Day" and I don't remember my Rally dash being that nice. I now have a old drag racer 70 now but it pretty cut up. Maybe someday. Merry Christmas .

That’s probably because you were always looking out the window at those groovy 70’s chicks instead of at the dash??

That’s probably because you were always looking out the window at those groovy 70’s chicks instead of at the dash??
Guilty as Charged, Man you had to love those halter tops. They all had "High Beams" but I digress, Merry Christmas, my friend ;)

I had ordered a 72 340 Duster after the 71 I had ordered never came in. When I heard 72's were doing away with Rally dash and lowered compression I balked at the order. Eventually I found the 71 340 I had ordered at a different dealer and bought it. Unfortunately I sold it in 1980 after our third gas crisis and the price had jumped to 50 cents a gallon.

-
Back