What is best size wheels and tires for 1962 Lancer GT (Cragar S/S)

-

gandyman

Reaction score
Well finally getting around to finishing my Lancer. Getting the Engine/Trans (273/904 ) switched over this weekend. Then I want to put some Tires and Rims on it so I can Figure out the paint. But not sure what is best rim/tire combo-offsets. I really like Cragar S/S. My brother says a good old set of Mopar Rally Rims. Will have the same rear with 5x4 bolt pattern. Keeping the engine stock so no issue with rear. Car is all original and will be keeping the /6 and trans for good measure. But need some expertise on wheel/tire size.

Sorry, Yes. Trying to see what might be a good set of Rims and Tires (size)'s. 14" or 15" and then should it be 14 x 6 up front and 14 x 7 in back or maybe 15 x ?, and then what a good offset might be. Figure someone has had this issue and has some good experience or knowledge I could use to make a wise choice.

If those are the only 2 choices, I'd go 15's. Run as much wheel and tire as you can. I run 225's on 8.5" wheels.

I have 14 x 7 Rear and 14 x 6 Fentons Front on my 62 Lancer Wagon. I don't remember front tire size, but they are very close when I get to full steering lock. I don't have the stainless trim on yet, not sure if it will fit. I can check tire size in a few.

On my front I have a set of P195/70R14 radials. Rears are P215/70R14. Hope this helps you. I think my front rims are zero offset, but didn't measure them. If they have any offset, it's not much.

You'll really need to measure for offset yourself. I always find the backspacing spec easier to work with though. When in doubt always error with a little extra backspacing. YOu can always adjust if needed with a spacer.

-
Back