What is the "perfect" street/strip package......for the average Moparian

-

'68cuda416

Reaction score
If were talking N/A I am going to say from experience a stroked small block, 550 to maybe crowding 600 hp, a lightweight 904 trans with appropriate mods for the build, a good 8" converter again built for the application, double adjustable shocks, Caltracs, 4.10 gears and a 275/60/15 drag radial and you have a killer street strip package that is balanced well and is crazy fun on the street and is to be honest a perfect E.T. range to race in come the weekends.

If were talking N/A I am going to say from experience a stroked small block, 550 to maybe crowding 600 hp, a lightweight 904 trans with appropriate mods for the build, a good 8" converter again built for the application, double adjustable shocks, Caltracs, 4.10 gears and a 275/60/15 drag radial and you have a killer street strip package that is balanced well and is crazy fun on the street and is to be honest a perfect E.T. range to race in come the weekends.
That Would HAVE Been KILLER!!!!!!! But you'd have to bring the Pox Lox to keep everyone off the Road here!!!!!!! Cause that's a Brutal Mopar set up Ya got There, Brother!!!!!!! YEEE HAWWW!

Maybe it's because I have a really small car budget, but it sounds to me like your idea of average isn't average.

That Would HAVE Been KILLER!!!!!!! But you'd have to bring the Pox Lox to keep everyone off the Road here!!!!!!! Cause that's a Brutal Mopar set up Ya got There, Brother!!!!!!! YEEE HAWWW!
That was the first setup in the car, now it has a W9 engine in it which runs awesome but to be honest I kinda miss it the way it was.......was perfect dual purpose.

Maybe it's because I have a really small car budget, but it sounds to me like your idea of average isn't average.
I understand different budgets but for the sake of argument lets just say at one point in a persons life maybe they have been able to afford to do something like this and so could hear what they had or you could say if I had the money this would be a setup I would like to run.

Maximum Cubic Inches.
I am assuming you may mean a stroked big block ? All of my small blocks are stroked and are of decent size. I can't speak from personal experience but only from what those that have had a big block in an A body have said and you will hear it stated frequently that the car becomes nose heavy and just isn't balanced as well as a small block.....again no personal experience but I could believe it.

I run pretty much what you described as your old setup....minus the DA shocks and caltracs. I love it, absolutely streetable and ran 10.66 this last weekend. If i win the lottery, i´d build a SB from a R or Ritter block, big bore and big stroke (450+ inches maybe), with a set of indys and a relatively mild hydraulic roller cam around 255@ .050". Should run 10.0s without trouble, do some better wheelies and be streetable in my opinion. That would be fun :)

Valiant_TnT_Zerbst_Wheelie.jpg

The strip portion is easy to define .
1.4ish 60 fts and mid 10s @ 125 mph.
Streetability is a wide open interpretation. Can I go to the grocery store and back ? ... Or can I use it to go to work 20 miles a few days a week ? Or can I jump in and drive from Boise to Seattle thru the mountains in July cruising 70 mph without it overheating or consuming a tank of gas every 15 mins ?
I think a mild small block or stroker pushing 400-450 hp with an OD and front/rear sway bars is an ideal Street/Strip car.

perfect street/strip package?
Impossible...they are built completely opposite.
Too early to have to read that response......I looked....read it again.....read it again.....shook my head.....rubbed my eyes......read it again......rolled my eyes........banged my head on the table......read it again and said to myself.......WTF.......

The strip portion is easy to define .
1.4ish 60 fts and mid 10s @ 125 mph.
Streetability is a wide open interpretation. Can I go to the grocery store and back ? ... Or can I use it to go to work 20 miles a few days a week ? Or can I jump in and drive from Boise to Seattle thru the mountains in July cruising 70 mph without it overheating or consuming a tank of gas every 15 mins ?
I think a mild small block or stroker pushing 400-450 hp with an OD and front/rear sway bars is an ideal Street/Strip car.
Go to grocery store.....yes.....drive to work 20 miles away on occasion......yes depending upon said individual and if we weren't getting raped at the gas pumps......drive many many miles across states and through the mountains.......I probably wouldn't but Drag Week and other type platforms prove that it is possible.

I run pretty much what you described as your old setup....minus the DA shocks and caltracs. I love it, absolutely streetable and ran 10.66 this last weekend. If i win the lottery, i´d build a SB from a R or Ritter block, big bore and big stroke (450+ inches maybe), with a set of indys and a relatively mild hydraulic roller cam around 255@ .050". Should run 10.0s without trouble, do some better wheelies and be streetable in my opinion. That would be fun :)

View attachment 1715932334
Love the look of the car and like what you got going on

Looks good to me. My build is a little shy of that hp wise but it should be good enough to get me to 11.5 . I don't want to put a bar in it. If it's a b body I would go big block because with the trick flow heads and a decent cam it's hard not to make 600hp.

Looks good to me. My build is a little shy of that hp wise but it should be good enough to get me to 11.5 . I don't want to put a bar in it. If it's a b body I would go big block because with the trick flow heads and a decent cam it's hard not to make 600hp.
I am with you on the not wanting a roll bar in everything so from that perspective would agree with the 11.50 cut

How is your Dart coming along? Any updates?

-
Back