what is this component in engine bay?

-

fishyfish36

Reaction score
Need help Identifying this component, It is not connected to anything at the moment and I was wondering if it was critical. thanks

InkedIMG_0006_LI.jpg

InkedIMG_0007_LI.jpg

That is an owner or dealer added A/C system or parts of a system.

that is not the factory location for that. And you can see the wonky brackets

I thought it might be an AC component considering that hardline ran towards the front in front of the radiator and went to nothing. I'm removing it now should I hang on to it or toss it? a quick google search has them new ranging from 15$ to 90$ . I won't have a use for it thats for sure.

I thought it might be an AC component considering that hardline ran towards the front in front of the radiator and went to nothing. I'm removing it now should I hang on to it or toss it? a quick google search has them new ranging from 15$ to 90$ . I won't have a use for it thats for sure.

toss it.

not factory lines or routing like the others you see for sale. The driers are typically re-used.

That's what I call a "ditch filler".

Dryers are trashed when left open to the atmosphere.

You can also remove the conduit clamp just above the heater motor

Last edited:
From what I can see of your engine compartment it seems rust free in the seams.

You might want AC in AZ. Search for the long post on compressor options for a slant six. If you run across a 1977-78 Volare/Aspen slant in the nice junkyards of AZ, see if it has a Sanden compressor. If so, grab those rare brackets.

You might want AC in AZ. Search for the long post on compressor options for a slant six. If you run across a 1977-78 Volare/Aspen slant in the nice junkyards of AZ, see if it has a Sanden compressor. If so, grab those rare brackets.

thanks. I dont plan to put it back into the car at this time with my current build plans. I have a daily driver for some comfort. heat is bad out here between June - October

-
Back