What IS this?

-

PistolGrip

Reaction score
When I bought a dis-assembled 1966 Barracuda a few months ago, the seller included a LOT of extra parts that I've been sorting out ever since. Except for the piece shown here, I've been able to identify everything. I KNOW it's not for an early Barracuda because it's too long, but the width is just right & where the gas filler cut & spare tire well line up fit the Barracuda perfectly - so I'm thinking this is for an early ('64-'66) Valiant/Dart? Can anyone tell me exactly what it fits? Valiant? Dart? 2 door? 4 door? It looks like new. I'd like to sell it, but I don't know what I'd be selling. I've looked all over & can't find one of these anywhere. Maybe I'm looking in the wrong places. :)
I hope you can make out the pictures....
Thanks, Mark

Floor Pan II Valiant (maybe).jpg

Floor Pan Valiant (maybe).jpg

No Part number on it?

Grim reaper is correct on this one. it is meant to create a flat floor where the unibody floor bumps up for the shock mounts. The opening/folding trunk panel screws to one edge of this piece.

I hope these photos help. The back of the rear seat would go against it and carpet covers it. The divider board goes against the back of it.
DSC05751.JPG
DSC05752.JPG

I hope these photos help. The back of the rear seat would go against it and carpet covers it. The divider board goes against the back of it.
View attachment 1715296828 View attachment 1715296829
Here's my trunk view (not quite as nice as yours, but I'll try to get close). My existing original piece (in this picture) is much shorter than the black 'mystery' piece, but the width , the spacing of the holes, the general design & the notch for the gas filler are identical.
Trunk view.jpg

-
Back