What is what...

-

MoparMcK

Reaction score
I am trying to learn here. My headlights and park lamp wires in my 72 Demon. The car wiring is gutted. So I can not hook up power to figure it out that way.

The headlights have the violet w/ white tracer, red, and a black w/ brown tracer. What is the black w/ brown tracer for?

The park lamp plug has four wires coming from it. 2 black which I am guessing are grounds as they went to the inner fender. A black w/ a green tracer and a black w/ a yellow tracer. Is one of these for the turn signal and one for running lights? Any idea which is which or does that not matter? I have the full wiring diagram but my inexperience isn't helping my case.

Thanks ahead of time for any help!!

^^Very first thing is go to MyMopar^^ You can download both a service manual and also aftermarket/ 3rd party "2 page" diagrams which can be easier ot follow but not as detailed or complete, and sometimes leave out connectors or options.

What is it you are referring to in your question? Is the lighting / engine bay harness there? Is the plug you are referring to the firewall/ bulkhead connector?

A photo would likely be helpful

You're still quick, 273. And always helpful. I might have some ignition questions for you in a couple of months, if you don't mind.

Slept on it and hit the books again this morning. Figured it out. Black w/ tan tracer is the turn signal for the passenger side. Black w/ yellow tracer is the park lamps. Black w/ green tracer is the driver turn signal. I guess my brain was on meltdown yesterday. Thanks for diving in and offering up the help!

I was actually able to get a photo to upload on this site. Normally I can not get that to happen. Yay! Now I can share my junk on here more often. Anyway here are the wires I was talking about. Disregard any ugliness. It is all getting cleaned up.

385B9424-34B0-4537-BB22-9731ADE0EECB.jpeg

Last edited:
-
Back