What kind of tape is this?

-

TylerW

Reaction score
Found in all my Abodies in only two places: sealing the bottom of the inner door seals to the doors, and wrapped around the AC vacuum harness in tight spots. It's not vinyl, it's adhesive so it's not the non-adhesive harness tape everyone keeps asking about. 2 inches wide. Thanks.

20210321_150928.jpg

20210321_151012.jpg

To me it looks like a black masking tape. The stuff on my 67 was still stuck in places BUT most looked like the glue had dried out.

The reason it is there?

My guess is it is there to hold the plastic in place till the door card gets put on. It might be a bit water proof?

Flock, flock, flockFlock, flock, flockFlock, flock, flockFlock, flock, flockFlock, flock, flockFlock, flock, flock.........................................................................Aahhh!, I feel better now!!

:lol: - - Thanks for the Monday morning chuckle, guys, some of us needed it. S'funny Moderator hasn't stepped in.
:wtf: (what the flock!?)

Flock, flock, flockFlock, flock, flockFlock, flock, flockFlock, flock, flockFlock, flock, flockFlock, flock, flock.........................................................................Aahhh!, I feel better now!!

Dam that sounds like me working on the car trying to get the flock tape in!

The flocking tape is on the dam tour outside of vegas.

It's also used on the steering column to hold the plastic wiring cover in place, at least on B bodies. Torn in thinner strips...

Shurtape is what David Patik was supplying with the vapour barrier kits and it's was damn close.
beerestoration2019 3255.JPG

beerestoration2019 3256.JPG

beerestoration2018 1404.JPG

beerestoration2018 1405.JPG
beerestoration2018 1406.JPG
beerestoration2018 1407.JPG

What I found in the doors looked like basic yellow paper masking tape painted flat black so thats what I used to replace it.

-
Back