What motor oil do you suggest?

-

Eric_S68

Reaction score
Hey All! Once Again I seek advice.... What oil do you run in your motor? I am kinda interested in the 15-40 Delvac oil. For what reason do you run a diesel oil in a gas motor? Only thing I can think of is the Zinc content. I'm in Florida, so startup in not a problem. Just need something that's err... cushioning 360/904 Street/Strip Combo. Thanks for the thought's :thumbup:

I run 15w-40 in my motors. Shell Rotella. and yes the zinc content is a anti-scuff agent for our flat tappet cams that most regular motor oils dont have these days.

i just started picking up valvoline racing oil, 10-30, it has the ZDDP additive as well...

After Janurary 1, 2007 the diesel oil will lose the ZDDP additive package as well. The EPA made them go to a low-ash oil design for the ULSD (Ultra-low Sulfer Diesel) that is going to be in the pumps for '07. The new diesel engines have particulate filters and cats on the exhaust that will clog up without using the low-ash oil and ULSD mix. I have been using Brad Penn Racing oil in my Duster for about a year. Brad Penn is Kendall GT-1 renamed. Even has the green color to it yet.

Shaeffers all the way. I can get it in almost any weight, and whatever amount you need. Getting it to you might be another story. :thumblef:
REAL slick stuff!! It has sort of a moly base, and is a dark green. In a recent stress test it outlubed and outlasted both Valve-a-loose and Rotella. Rotella was close.......
My $0.02

Boy this question is opening a can of worms!! But I like it.

In the race car (440 Duster) I run 15w-40 Rotella, the others I run Castrol synthetic! 5W50 for the turbo Shadow (248 hp at the wheels) and the truck. The rest of the fleet gets Castrol synthetic 5W30. I buy the Castrol at Costco and all oil changes are done by ME!
:cheers:

BigBlockBanjo said:
Shaeffers all the way. I can get it in almost any weight, and whatever amount you need. Getting it to you might be another story. :thumblef:
REAL slick stuff!! It has sort of a moly base, and is a dark green. In a recent stress test it outlubed and outlasted both Valve-a-loose and Rotella. Rotella was close.......
My $0.02

I use the same stuff, engine, trans and diff. I use their synthetic blend in all of my cars. Had a '96 Bronco with the 5.0 go 173,000 miles before I sold it to get a new Dodge pickup. Had original everything in it, even the original automatic trans.
I also had a '96 Dodge V10 pickup (68,000 miles) with the auto trans not go into reverse and OD sometimes(dealer told me it need an overhaul). I was told by a tranny guy to get that stock friction modifier fluid out of it and flush it a couple times with the Scheaffers synthetic blend and it went another 40,000 before I sold the truck. Now I have never believed in the whole "snake oil" fixes (I had nothing to loose) but it worked this is why I switched.

-
Back