What non automotive accessories do you carry in your car?

-

TrailBeast

AKA Mopars4us on Youtube
Reaction score
I have a bottle of hand sanitizer and a metal dinner fork in the glovebox, along with a folding chair and umbrella in the trunk.
Yea, a metal dinner fork.:D
One of the car shows we go to has a Mexican food place that is really good but only has plastic forks.
When I go to Phoenix (90 miles away) I generally go to all the larger shows and drive from one to the next and make a day of it.
The last one of the day 4-10pm is where the Mexican food place is, so that's where we have dinner.
Ever try to eat a moist flour burrito with a plastic fork?

Of course all of this is on hold now for awhile.

So what do you keep in your car that isn't automotive related?

My backup sidearm, the backup to the backup, couple spare mags, fire starter, blanket, case of water, military field shovel, small hatchet, a knife, flashlight, spare battery for the flashlight, germ x, and arbys sause. Because you never know when you need some arbys sause!

My backup sidearm, the backup to the backup, couple spare mags, fire starter, blanket, case of water, military field shovel, small hatchet, a knife, flashlight, spare battery for the flashlight, germ x, and arbys sause. Because you never know when you need some arbys sause!

Gees, you expecting Zombies? :lol:

Well to be fair, lolol, you cannot kill zombies with guns. Everybody knows that!!

Seems like whatever I carry, it's either a lot of stuff I never need, or I never have WHAT I need

Water, soap, paper towels, NONE OF WHICH can you buy right now

If possible a portable "bucket toilet"
Some sort of emergency food. On day trips I often take a lunch in a cooler, with half ice filled water bottes

Camera, gun or two or three.........................LOL

Some tools, mostly for mental propping, I can't fix this new crap on the road, anyhow lol

Depending on how far, a sleeping bag

9 mill. Rock flipping tool (arrow head Hunter) rubber boots, at least one fishing pole and some lures, small pair of binoculars and a pint.

Hand wipes, hard candy (Michigan winter survival) 9mm and spare clip, multitool, lighter, gloves and ear protection.

documents showing I'm an essential employee and am allowed on the roads, a fake rose some secret admirer left in my car when I wasn't looking, a Phillips screwdriver , my dashboard sunscreen , and my jury duty notice I forgot about that I just remembered

4E39BB28-D96F-4ECC-8863-AE828E3EB882.jpeg

Gees, you expecting Zombies? :lol:
I try to be prepared for anything. I think of situation like if I break down in the middle of nowhere and gonna be stuck a while what do i need to survive? Well i can start a fire, I have a blanket for warmth, water and protection! Haha

And now, that the statute of limitations "are done" a story from the old days. Back in my days in the early seventies in San Diego (Miramar) I used to illegally carry a .357 (I still have it, a 4" Ruger Security Six) in the channel down by the seat of my 70 RR with a shirt or rag over it. I also used to stupidly pick up "young ladies" hitching around town. I soon learned to be careful, as a "whole bunch" of their "usually" male friends would be hid around the bridge abutement, also "needing" a ride

So one day here is this little babe, and I looked, and did NOT see the filthy boyfriend ?? down in the ditch??

So I stopped, and as she opened the door, he came up in my blind spot. I had all the windows down, and he just slid his duffel bag right through the window and into the back seat, and got the seat tilted, and was about halfway into the rear. At that point he was greeted by about a 3/8" diameter black hole pointed at his head. I told him to "get the **** out of my car!!" He kind of smiled and I repeated this, LOUDER. I didn't even wait for either to close the door, I just LEFT. And after I got down the road, I threw the duffel out the window........just like in Vanishing Point

I'm glad I'm not the only one that carries a sidearm in my car when i wrote my original post i was kinda hesitant to include that because I thought some of you would think I'm paranoid or something haha but looks like I'm not the only one. I always have a couple I have my everyday carry gun a glock 26 then my backup is a Taurus tcp 380, then I always have my 410 pistol in the vehicle for snakes or stuff like that. On long trips or out of the county trips I take my 1911 45 for in the car protection. It mounts to the dash so if I'm at a red light and someone tried to break in the car I wouldn't have to upholster my conseal weapon it's right there beside the console.

1-1/4” wrench. Useless for anything in the car,but would sure inflict some pain. Can’t carry a baseball bat without a ball and glove. in canada they are a little sticky about carrying firearms.
Gloves,and a warm jacket.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that carries a sidearm in my car when i wrote my original post i was kinda hesitant to include that because I thought some of you would think I'm paranoid or something haha but looks like I'm not the only one. I always have a couple I have my everyday carry gun a glock 26 then my backup is a Taurus tcp 380, then I always have my 410 pistol in the vehicle for snakes or stuff like that. On long trips or out of the county trips I take my 1911 45 for in the car protection. It mounts to the dash so if I'm at a red light and someone tried to break in the car I wouldn't have to upholster my conseal weapon it's right there beside the console.

yep.
I have an IFAK in there too.

Kinda depends on the time of year. During deer season it’s my bow and rub full of camo. Right now it’s a fishing pole and tackle.

And now, that the statute of limitations "are done" a story from the old days. Back in my days in the early seventies in San Diego (Miramar) I used to illegally carry a .357 (I still have it, a 4" Ruger Security Six) in the channel down by the seat of my 70 RR with a shirt or rag over it. I also used to stupidly pick up "young ladies" hitching around town. I soon learned to be careful, as a "whole bunch" of their "usually" male friends would be hid around the bridge abutement, also "needing" a ride

So one day here is this little babe, and I looked, and did NOT see the filthy boyfriend ?? down in the ditch??

So I stopped, and as she opened the door, he came up in my blind spot. I had all the windows down, and he just slid his duffel bag right through the window and into the back seat, and got the seat tilted, and was about halfway into the rear. At that point he was greeted by about a 3/8" diameter black hole pointed at his head. I told him to "get the **** out of my car!!" He kind of smiled and I repeated this, LOUDER. I didn't even wait for either to close the door, I just LEFT. And after I got down the road, I threw the duffel out the window........just like in Vanishing Point

Not that I do or ever did make a habit of picking up hitch hikers, but I always felt that if someone was using dishonest tactics to get a ride in the first place I couldn't trust them to be in my car anyway.

When I go out of state or camping I always have my Colt 3.57 but when on the dirt bike I carry a 380 auto in my hydration pack inside a ziplock bag to keep the dust out of it.
The home defense "go to" is a sawed off because it will clear a good area and not hurt neighbors.
Also have a Remington 30.06 with a 10 power scope and a bipod, as well as a Wasser 10 (Romanian 7.62 AK.)

Guns are and have been part of my life since I was old enough to hold one.
The only time one came out in seriousness was when our Daughter came running in the house crying and said 3 (dark skinned) guys in a lowered blue S10 chased her trying to first get her in the pickup with them, and when she wouldn't do that they tried to cut her off from getting home and one jumped out chasing her on foot.
She ended up running through yards and between houses while the truck kept going around the block to try and cut her off while the one on foot chased her.

She described the pickup to me and I grabbed the AK and a 20 round clip and jumped in my truck and went looking for them. (never found them) which in the end was probably a good thing.
The Wife called the police and reported the indecent so when I pulled back in the driveway the cop saw the AK.
He asked what it was for and I just looked at him without saying anything.
He said I could get in a lot of trouble with "that thing" and I said "not as much as the guys that chased our Daughter".
I wouldn't have intentionally shot any of them, but I sure as hell would have told them to get out of the truck and ventilated it real good to make a point.

My Father drove a black 1969 Lincoln (Mark3?) I think it was.
His car gun was a 9mm Mac10, but he was a law enforcement officer with special licensing.
I remember that thing laying in the back seat whenever we went on trips

Last edited:
Ear protectors .. People ask if I have them because my car is loud. I tell them they are here for the wife. They say, oh she doesn't like the noise. I say no, I put them on when she is in the car.

Ear protectors .. People ask if I have them because my car is loud. I tell them they are here for the wife. They say, oh she doesn't like the noise. I say no, I put them on when she is in the car.

Ha ha I can relate because my Wife is a constant stream of words when I am driving.
"Did you see that fence"
"look at those flowers"
"Look at that house"
"what color is that?"
"look back there"

Hell, she's talking right now while I'm typing.:lol:

-
Back