What on earth is the deal with UTG/AL and the whole NNN fiasco?

-

RAMM

Reaction score
So I have a bad habit of surfing Youboob on my TV at night and I see this video of Mopar AL I think is his name crying about something to do with SlagHammer--then I see a UTG video about how Tony isn't happy with the state of SlagHammer--then I pause it and some of the footage from the various participants of the NNN's comes up--So I watch a few of those.

A few thoughts:
1. After watching SlagHammer "perform" it should be renamed SlugHumper or something along those lines
2. Why didn't UT attend the NNN's? It would have been a great teaching moment.
3. I'm ashamed I've even invested the 30mins or so to watch and then comment on this fiasco

From my POV this whole thing looks bad and could have been avoided if UT spent the time and $$$ to step into a real machine shop equipped with an engine dyno.
He would have A. Known how weak the engine was (and then run/hide/make excuses) or B. The shop could have guided UT into a real good tune/maybe swapped some parts and improved the engine to a large degree. I dunno but this whole thing looks real amateur hour. J.Rob

As for the NNN event, I can only speak of my experience. It was a great time, no ego's or attitudes, some really cool and fast cars along with roadkill style cars. All I met were very humble, polite, and supportive. I would have no problem returning to a 2nd event.

Uncle Tony stepped back from Mopar Al and the Junk Yard Jet guys after they stabbed him in his back after he allowed them to work in his shop, use his tools, his electricity and his knowledge and most importantly helped them start a monetary producing YouTube channel......now i'm not a huge fan of Tony's but mostly because he uses crap parts and home brew techniques BUT he also states his channel is geared toward that crowd. As far as the NNN goes that was a debacle and Mopar AL AND everyone who was involved with working on that car at the event is responsible for how poorly it ran but also for hurting the engine, I was told that there was a needle and seat problem to some degree and it was replaced and from experience that more times than not results in fuel overflowing into the engine so since we now know that it had 2 plus quarts of gas in the oil and hurt the engine that is the fault of those at the track for not checking the way overfull oil. Also the timing was locked out at 22 degrees and was checked by 2 different guys with 2 different timing light at the track and nobody picked up on it. As far as i'm concerned it should be called the No Brain Nationals.

Uncle Tony stepped back from Mopar Al and the Junk Yard Jet guys after they stabbed him in his back after he allowed them to work in his shop, use his tools, his electricity and his knowledge and most importantly helped them start a monetary producing YouTube channel......now i'm not a huge fan of Tony's but mostly because he uses crap parts and home brew techniques BUT he also states his channel is geared toward that crowd. As far as the NNN goes that was a debacle and Mopar AL AND everyone who was involved with working on that car at the event is responsible for how poorly it ran but also for hurting the engine, I was told that there was a needle and seat problem to some degree and it was replaced and from experience that more times than not results in fuel overflowing into the engine so since we now know that it had 2 plus quarts of gas in the oil and hurt the engine that is the fault of those at the track for not checking the way overfull oil. Also the timing was locked out at 22 degrees and was checked by 2 different guys with 2 different timing light at the track and nobody picked up on it. As far as i'm concerned it should be called the No Brain Nationals.
Thankyou for the synopsis! I am continually amazed at how many "engine guys" DO NOT know how to read a timing light. No excuse for the absolutely retarded timing. They are lucky they didn't stick/burn the exhaust valves--but then again the guides are probably on the worn out side. J.Rob

Thankyou for the synopsis! I am continually amazed at how many "engine guys" DO NOT know how to read a timing light. No excuse for the absolutely retarded timing. They are lucky they didn't stick/burn the exhaust valves--but then again the guides are probably on the worn out side. J.Rob
Also how a person can't connect the dots that most needle and seat issues result in gas pouring down the engine and that wasn't checked and corrected with fresh oil before continuing to race that car...that is inexcusable too.

Does anybody think maybe Uncle Tony shouldn't have lent Mopar Al a piece of poop to race and represent and expect him and Andy from Unity to turn it into a gold nugget... maybe ... perhaps? There's always another angle to look at it from, just sayin'...:thumbsup:

P.S. Al did the body Tony did the drive train to include the crap leaky carburetors...600 Holey vacuum secondary if I'm not mistaken, common cheap stuff...by the way Ive had a 600 Holley like that for at least 20 years and I can throw it on an engine and it works they last even in storage so...only way they get screwed up is if someone rebuilds em i think...but hey ...i may be wrong...I'm no genius, I don't ask questions much either and my **** runs ...

U T has been gone from here long ago.

Last edited:
For a second I thought that read "the guides are probably worn on the outside", which is a distinct possibility, lololol!!!

It's all drama for youtube views. Plain and simple.

I'm just getting to this like a year later. I actually enjoy Tony's videos. He seems like a humble no nonsense kind-of guy. I've learned quite a bit about using stock parts and getting the best bang for the buck. I'm not into shiny new parts. I like to use as much stock components as possible. Using the stock mopar distributor and learning how to curve them for off idle responsiveness and total timing was one of the better things I've learned from his channel. He sort of helped me along while doing it myself in my own garage. I appreciate his knowledge and funny antics and rants. It's just good entertainment, better than watching those big network engine build shows like PowerNation.

-
Back