What or why to build

-

WRB426

Insane 4 Mopars
Reaction score
I've noticed when people ask for advice on a build, people tend to try and steer a person in a different direction. Sometimes you want to build a car just because it's what you want. It doesn't always have to be about how much money. Or how much horsepower for dollar you'll have. I'm a big block junky big time!! I do love and respect a small block. I'm always impressed with some of these 408 builds. The power and torque is awesome. But sometimes you just want a certain wow factor. It doesn't matter if you want a 4 bbl or duel quads, a blower or a HEMI. As long as your happy with what you have. I think some people are hung up on numbers and power to weight ratios. I have my 64 Dart with a 360. It goes great but I can't stop about thinking about dropping in my 383 I have. Yes for the money I can build a 408 for close to building my 383 or my 383 will cost the same as a 440. I don't care, I want what will give me a woody when I slip behind the wheel or stare at my car like a hot chick! To me it's not the money it's the love.

Am I'm alone on this?????

I've noticed when people ask for advice on a build, people tend to try and steer a person in a different direction. Sometimes you want to build a car just because it's what you want. It doesn't always have to be about how much money. Or how much horsepower for dollar you'll have. I'm a big block junky big time!! I do love and respect a small block. I'm always impressed with some of these 408 builds. The power and torque is awesome. But sometimes you just want a certain wow factor. It doesn't matter if you want a 4 bbl or duel quads, a blower or a HEMI. As long as your happy with what you have. I think some people are hung up on numbers and power to weight ratios. I have my 64 Dart with a 360. It goes great but I can't stop about thinking about dropping in my 383 I have. Yes for the money I can build a 408 for close to building my 383 or my 383 will cost the same as a 440. I don't care, I want what will give me a woody when I slip behind the wheel or stare at my car like a hot chick! To me it's not the money it's the love.

No. It's your car, build it the way you want it. The only person you have to satisfy is yourself.

Absolutely not!!! I think it's very cool to do "somewhat" off the wall builds. If I had the coin, I could think of dozens of cool builds. If your in a position to get it done, go for it. Have fun with it. :thumleft: Please just let us/me know how it goes.........

Not alone. I built a mild open chamber iron head 440 for my 68 notch. MP .920 front bars, SS springs out back. I don't care about optimum quench, bench flow numbers, being nose heavy, wallowing, sitting crooked, blah blah blah... I'm building it for me! :)

-
Back