What PDB booster and Master for 71 Demon 340?

-

ricomondo

Reaction score
My Demon has an aftermarket booster and master on it so I don't know what is correct.
I'm in need of knowing what is the factory correct power disc brake booster and master cylinder(part # if you know it) for a 340 71 Demon please?

Also is the booster painted black or zinc plated?
Thanks!

Any part store: ask for a booster and MC for a 74 Duster with disc brakes, you'll get the right one. If you want to swap to the later (plastic-cap, aluminum body) master cylinder, ask for booster and MC for a 1980 Aspen. As long as you have the right booster or use the MP 2 to 4 bolt adapter, you can use ANY 1967+ disc master cylinder to at least the 1990s.

Any part store: ask for a booster and MC for a 74 Duster with disc brakes, you'll get the right one. If you want to swap to the later (plastic-cap, aluminum body) master cylinder, ask for booster and MC for a 1980 Aspen. As long as you have the right booster or use the MP 2 to 4 bolt adapter, you can use ANY 1967+ disc master cylinder to at least the 1990s.

Thank you! Just found a MC, just need to get the booster. Trying to stay factory stock.

A bodies up through 72 used the Kelsey-Hays booster with the longer brackets.

dscn3202-jpg.jpg

That looks like the later Bendix, 73 and later. Note the location on the check valve. 72 and earlier uses the Kelsey-Hayes, see my posts 4 and 5 above. As long as it is the dual-diaphragm disc unit, I believe it will work. The drum boosters typically are single-diaphragm. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

-
Back