What ps pumps do I have? Will one of them work for me?

-

firevike

firevike
Reaction score
Hello, all! Can anyone help me identify these 2 ps pumps? I salvaged them both from junkyards. I need to know if one of them will work with my application.
68 Dart, 360 with casting 4179930. For now I have the original steering box.

20211021_091723.jpg

20211021_091755.jpg

20211021_091807.jpg

The one with the Black cap is a Saginaw, and probably the best pump. The other with brackets is a TRW.

The High pressure line of the Saginaw can hit the K-Member where the motor mounts sit. If you don't have brackets for it, CVF brand brackets raise the pump to clear. I have them and they work great.

The only thing I can add here is how easy it is to renew that oval neck Saginaw pump. It is a little more GM in application and majority of YouTube videos are for/from GM owners. Bottom line... if I could use it, I would.

The one with the Black cap is a Saginaw, and probably the best pump. The other with brackets is a TRW.
The High pressure line of the Saginaw can hit the K-Member where the motor mounts sit. If you don't have brackets for it, CVF brand brackets raise the pump to clear. I have them and they work great.
Very cool! Thank you for your help. I'm gonna look for those brackets.

The only thing I can add here is how easy it is to renew that oval neck Saginaw pump. It is a little more GM in application and majority of YouTube videos are for/from GM owners. Bottom line... if I could use it, I would.
Reddish, thank you for your input. It helps me to know which way to go.

Use either one, they are both good pumps. The saginaw is easier to get rebuild parts for. Its considered a GM pump but in reality saginaw was a vendor who sold pumps to all three in detroit. Since GM used that pump for so long its easier to find pulleys in V belt or serpentine. Yours looks like the bolt on pulley vs the press on pulley.

Use either one, they are both good pumps. The saginaw is easier to get rebuild parts for. Its considered a GM pump but in reality saginaw was a vendor who sold pumps to all three in detroit. Since GM used that pump for so long its easier to find pulleys in V belt or serpentine. Yours looks like the bolt on pulley vs the press on pulley.
Great info! I have decided to use the Saginaw. I ordered the brackets and pulley from CVF Racing. Thanks for the help!

-
Back