What rocker arms would be best?

-

metallidart

member me?
Reaction score
I'll be running a Lunati Voodoo 60433 solid roller cam in my 422. Specs are Solid roller, rough idle. Excellent cam for street/strip applications with explosive mid range and upper RPM torque and horsepower. Works well in 340-360 cubic inch engines. Needs 3000-3500 RPM stall speed converter or 4-speed transmission, 10.25:1 or better compression ratio, aftermarket performance exhaust and 4.10 rear gears.
  • Advertised Duration (Int/Exh): 279/285
  • Duration @ .050 (Int/Exh): 249/255
  • Gross Valve Lift (Int/Exh): .585/.600
  • LSA/ICL: 110/106
  • Valve Lash (Int/Exh): 016/016
  • RPM Range: 3000-7000
I'm using LA style heads. What rocker arms would you guys use? Any thing to watch out for? Pro Magnums are nice but expensive. How about the Comp Gold Race? Or even Ductile Iron Rockers?

The Pro Magnums are worth every penny! I have them on my X-Heads

I have the Pro-Magnums on my Eddy headed 410 and ductiles on my 372 with X heads.I believe in paying alittle more for quality.

Another vote for the Comp Magnums been running them on my Edelbrock heads with the 360 and 416 worth the money spent..

im also im using the comp cams rollers part #1622-16 on my 416 stroker with mancini rocker hold set mremp49712 no problems yet

Thanks for the input! I was looking at some Hughes rockers on ebay, they were $389, which I thought was a good deal, but I had no idea of the quality. I think I'm gonna do some saving and go with the Pro Magnums. Then I have to figure out how to adjust them...I've always just used stock rockers!

Thanks for the input! I was looking at some Hughes rockers on ebay, they were $389, which I thought was a good deal, but I had no idea of the quality. I think I'm gonna do some saving and go with the Pro Magnums. Then I have to figure out how to adjust them...I've always just used stock rockers!

do you have a link for that ebay ad? Id like to see it...Hughes are just as good as comp...maybe better... :)

Where do you buy the T&D rockers? I didn't even think of them. Oh, and the Hughes rockers I saw on ebay are only $30 cheaper than on the Hughes website, $349, its the kit without shafts. The Hughes rockers do sound like a good deal, I might have to do a little more research. I like the pro-magnums alot tho. Aren't Jesel rockers super expensive?

I have the 1.6 hughes rockers and they are good. They are heaver than most but I would buy them again

340 X-Heads with Pro Mags

Attachments

• X-Head-00.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 473
  • X-Head-01.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 490
Harland Sharp. Any rocker arms you get that'll live long with that cam will be pretty expensive.

"Best" We have a winner. All the rest are merely imitations.

Those Pro Magnums look awesome! And...I did not know that the Harland Sharp rockers had a lifetime warranty. That makes the price seem a little more reasonable. Man, all these choices. At least with those, I KNOW I'd only have to buy them once.

Just noticed the valve lift .585/.600 your running..i'd go with Harland sharps too then...

Nothin wrong with that lift...the hughes rockers could handle anything you can throw at em as well.... :)

I just ordered the Hughes 1.6 rockers with their billet hold downs the other day. Yes they are pricey, but they seem to be well designed. I spoke with Brian at IMM about them since he spec'd out my cam and heads and he told me he really likes them and they set up really nice. thats my .02 cents worth

how about crane. i have them on my 340 15 yrs. still like new.

I use a lot of Hughes rockers and have had very good luck with them. Running a roller cam that needs 600# spring pressure, you dont want to cheap out on rockers. HS are also one of the best(save the T&D/Jesel for the all out race engines).

Another thing you need to look at is the pushrods. Go with at leats a 3/8 if you can

-
Back