What rockers to use on trickflow 190's

-

Heywodja

The Heartbeat Stops Here
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I want to get a set of the trickflows has anyone had any experience with anything besides the Harlan Sharps?

There to new to have an answer yet. They just came out a few days ago. The Summit web site has the Harland Sharps listed and so far, that is it. Give it some time so others can see what is what with them.

IMM engines has them on facebook with PRW stainless steel rockers....Brian shows them clearing the springs....he has the Hydraulic Roller springs heads.

IMM Engines

i will be using crane aluminum rocker arms on mine...they will be here on monday

I am trying to figure out the difference in the heads listed on Summit, is the pricing difference due to different springs and retainers and all else is the same as far as porting and combustion chambers?

I would say the porting is the same....larger valve springs and titanium retainers drive up the cost....the spring pockets might need some additional machining ...I dont know

Yea, Brian is the only person I know at this stage.
Didn’t the description say BB rockers?

I think for the magnum application it specifies only Harlan Sharps.. I am installing on an LA.. I think i will reach out to Mike @ b3racing

Never seen or read anything about BB rockers needed...so far.

I thought I read it somewhere...

Perhaps that was the Victors.

The instruction with the heads say Harlan Sharp # S70026K
I am using them on my 408 now on a solid roller cam and have no issues, Like said there will be others that use something else you will have to see. What type of cam has a lot to do with which rocker to use.

FWIW...I spoke to T&D last week about another topic and asked them about the new TF heads and the guy on the phone said that they had not seen a set yet so they don't have anything specific for them at this point. He didn't sound to sure that they would have a set anytime soon either.

I just posted on IMM's Facebook page to see if there is another option for the Magnum engines other then the Sharps. that would be one of the only things holding me back from getting these.

I just posted on IMM's Facebook page to see if there is another option for the Magnum engines other then the Sharps. that would be one of the only things holding me back from getting these.

I cant see the problem with the Harland Sharp rockers. Why wouldnt you want them?

I cant see the problem with the Harland Sharp rockers. Why wouldnt you want them?

Sharps are a great product, the Magnum set is just expensive compared to what is available for LA engines, or staying with the Magnum style rockers. That said, it looks like I do not have to worry about it after all. I looked my block over today and, it appears that I have the early Magnum block which has the oil provisions for the LA shaft mounted arms. So if that is the case, I will most likely run the Mancini Racing shaft set up that is actually made by Harland Sharp.

FWIW...I spoke to T&D last week about another topic and asked them about the new TF heads and the guy on the phone said that they had not seen a set yet so they don't have anything specific for them at this point. He didn't sound to sure that they would have a set anytime soon either.
IIRC, Dart19666 is an employee at TD.
*I think* TD has to have an actual head in order to create rockers for the head.

IIRC, Dart19666 is an employee at TD.
*I think* TD has to have an actual head in order to create rockers for the head.

I believe you are correct, they want a head to do it right. From the way the guy was talking, sounded like they didn't get a lot of cooperation from TF. I could be misinterpreting that, but they obviously didn't get a shot at them early in order to be ready for release and he didn't know when they would see them. So fastest way to get T&D rockers on the TF 190 at this point is probably to send them your heads.

Are the rockers in the pics on IMM's FB page Comps or PRW? They look like my PRW but the tip roller axle is slightly different.
I thought someone said the PRW don't fit with the springs that come on them.

Update on the TF 190 heads, checked them with the PRW 1.6 stainless rockers we use often, and they clear the springs no problem.

that is what Brian said on Facebook.....

Are the rockers in the pics on IMM's FB page Comps or PRW? They look like my PRW but the tip roller axle is slightly different.
I thought someone said the PRW don't fit with the springs that come on them.

If the rockers hit the springs, you need to fix the rocker geometry. You can run at least a 1.550 spring with the geometry correct before you need to offset the shafts.

There is no offset so theoretically any standard head rocker setup will work.
Sure the Hughes stuff would, cranes, comps, etc
They take( LA application) the original style Sharps per Trick flow, not the different part number designed for Eddie heads which i think are shorter?

-
Back