what say you ?

-

famous bob

mopar misfit
Reaction score
I have a mech. fan on my 440/505" wedge, 28x19 crossflow alum. rad., 6 blade 17' fan. I am not having cooling problems, but I NOTICED MY FAN IS ABOUT 2/3 IN THE SHROUD. I can remove a spacer I cut down to 1/2" thick, and just about center the fan , as far as how far its sticking out of the shroud. Is it even worth doing ??

I say leave it. Many OEMs I've seen are "all the way in" pretty much

I say, in the time it took you to ask this question, and the time it took me to respond you could have done it by now

If it ain't broke, it don't need to be fixed.
You said you're not having any cooling issues the way it is. I'd leave it be.

If there is a lot of pitch on the blades I would take it out

Leave it, unless you are just looking for something to do on your car and you have two screaming two year old Grandkids and need something to do outside.

Oh wait, that's me. :D

Leave it, unless you are just looking for something to do on your car and you have two screaming two year old Grandkids and need something to do outside.

Oh wait, that's me. :D
Funny you should post that, we have our two grandkids right now. Will be here all week for bible school. The reason I posted the question is, I haven`t had the car out in late okla. summer weather, in traffic. Of course w/o a. c. , I might not anyway ! My blades are 2" thick, or however u say it . pulling the spacer would about center it. The shroud is an alum. reworked summit unit, I made it split in the middle on the sides, like a 88-92 gm pickup. It`s the only way to get it in and out . It`s so close to the engine I have to run a short mopar filter. Just added the lower hose spring, and a rad. to cowl seal. Had to use a trans-am seal to work w/ my fiberglass hood. Hope it all works! Thanks for the replys anyway.

I just blew a chunky fart.

One more vote for leave it. BTW, Rusty, I don't think farts are supposed to be chunky...

If it ain't broke don't fix it.

Unless you're a Red Green fan. Then it's "If it ain't broke, you're not trying."

"What you say?", I say most people here wish all their problems were as serious as yours.

-
Back