What seats are you running?

-
Going to run these in our 69 Barracuda
CPA1013 Black Leatherette

szWrNVX_jhjnccaj6JVprGX-BaPI1ZhCNT-zxnzDsXvo4DiaEV_47GvzHSrO9vsG9N95VxVIFWQExJxUNIxbSjpw=s950-no.jpg

I had ordered something like that for my 68. Corbeaus they were called. By the time I got them mounted on tracks they were too high; my head was nearly into the headliner. I am only 69 inches tall. It was also too hard to get into the rear seat on the drivers side. And nobody in the back seat could hardly see out the front.I also did not like the hard seat-bolsters on mine.
So I shipped them back.
I went to the pick-A-part and got me some seats from an old RX-7. They were not a direct bolt-in. I had to mount an aluminum plate on the factory tracks, and then the seats onto the plates. The outboard sides of the RX were at a different height than the inboard, so i had to get creative. Very nice once mounted.Lots of support for a streeter, and very comfortable on day-trips. And just the right height headrests for the scale of the car. Tuff buggers too; I'm 210# now and they still support me. They were old when I put them in there in the early 2000s, and they still have no tears. I rate them AJ-approved!
Oh wait, I think the driver's seat is separating along the outboard edge of the back-bolster. But man, I think they were out of an early 80s model.

Last edited:
I'm running procar sportsman racing buckets in my valiant. I love them

I have fabbed 2014 Dart seats into my 69 gt. Drivers side was cake, a lot more difficult on the passenger side.

Bruce

Those look nice and are cheaper than I would have expected. I wonder how comfy they are

I picked up a set for the Demon and they are surprisingly comfortable.
Made some brackets to mount the sliders they came with to the stock A body bucket locations.

100_0840.JPG

I've been looking at the Shelby Charger seats in my shed. What about Neon SRT4 seats?

Using the stock buckets, that I had custom covers made for. They didn`t tell me the foam was shot, and I just yesterday replaced the lower seat foam in the second one. I cant tell you how shoddy workman ship "Vanessa`s auto upostolery in Tulsa does" ! Pretty much have them straightened out now, w/ the exception of the back on the pass side seat. They just stretched and and glued the cover w/ some glue that let go. The seat has been in the car for a couple of yrs, about 140 miles, and no one in it but me while finishing the car. They do look good tho.

I used Cipher CPA1013 seats and cut those ugly shoulder bolsters off and recovered them.
DSC_3194.jpg

The shoulder bolsters bother me too. Wish I could get used to them but I just can't. They look ricey :( The seats I ordered have them though.
just got a email from jegs. the sport seats 702250 are 30.00 off 169.00. good price.

just got a email from jegs. the sport seats 702250 are 30.00 off 169.00. good price.

They still don't have any! 3 months on my backorder so far. I have had enough and am calling them to cancel. I guess what pisses me off is they keep putting things on sale that they don't even have in stock! Thin air sale.

Summit sells a set of sport seats that look just like the one's from Jeg's, I'd bet money they're from the same manufacturer. $159 and free shipping, in stock.
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/sum-g1159-2/overview/

I have a set I bought used in my Duster. They have a few minor flaws, inserts around the seat belt holes are cracked etc, but I paid a $100 for the pair so they work fine for now. I bought a set of generic brackets from Summit as well to mount them. They sit a little high but I could fix that pretty easily if I modified the mounting brackets. I'm only 5'8" so its not really a problem for me.
IMG_5535_zps7c66e9f9.jpg

I'm looking for a new set right now. Found some on ebay from a '74 Duster I might get. I want to ditch my bench finally for some buckets.

I bought a nice clean used set of seats out of a plymouth laser a guy was parting out for our 73 duster. I used the same style a couple times on my last 73 duster and my amc spirit. They are sporty, comfy and cheap. Like $25 each. They are my go to sear when I'm looking for buckets.

BMW Recaro Sport 11 way adjustable, and when you tilt them forward they move forward on the sliders about 6 inches at the same time, then return to the original position when leaned back.
I was able to put a fully assembled toilet still in the box in the back seat because my trunk wouldn't close with the box in it.
I did have to make the slider to floor brackets.
The passenger side also lays all the way down flat so the passenger can take a nap on long trips.

DSCF0004.JPG

-
Back