what shifter ?

-

famous bob

mopar misfit
Reaction score
my build is a 68 barracuda fastback,505"-727-dana60-detroit locker-3:73 gear, street car. having had a stock plymouth floor shifter in a hemi car, a B-M ratchet shifter in a 10 sec. vega, a mega shifter in a 11 sec. GMC, and didn`t like any of them, I `m leaning toward a turbo action cheeta, or hurst 1/4 stick w/ pistol grip. Anyone got any pros or cons on these two shifters ?----------thanks in advance , bob:burnout:

I really like the B&M Pro Ratchet. But, you've already said you didn't like B&M shifters. About that Pro Stick. It just never made sense to me why I have to squeeze a lever to get in high gear. Seems so unnatural. Our Machine shop had a Monza race car years ago. It had a Pro Stick. We all tried driving it. none of us could never get the hang of it. It musta been us because those things are pretty popular.

I really like the B&M Pro Ratchet. But, you've already said you didn't like B&M shifters. About that Pro Stick. It just never made sense to me why I have to squeeze a lever to get in high gear. Seems so unnatural. Our Machine shop had a Monza race car years ago. It had a Pro Stick. We all tried driving it. none of us could never get the hang of it. It musta been us because those things are pretty popular.
I didn`t like the pro ratchet coming out of a burn-out, having to ratchet it back to low gear. thot the 1/4 stick might be a (squeeze the lever and go straigt to low) type deal ?????-thanks, bob

If it was me I would go with the turbo action.
do u have one in a car? how does it work, is it spring loaded to position itself for the next gear, so u can bang it straight forward? just curious!!----------------thanks, bob

I have driven a car with one in it and really liked the way it works. Also good that you do not have to racket through the gears. Two buddies of mine have them in their drag cars and swear by them.

I just put a reverse manual Cheetah shifter in my race car.It,s taking abit of getting used to after shifting forward for 35yrs LOL.Its a bang down to next gear and does it with ease.

-
Back