What should a 69 Barracuda have in the Rear Wheel housings.

-

Mike69barracuda

Reaction score
Can u post some pictures.

This is in reference to my 69 Barracuda convertible.

I might be missing something inside the wheel housings as far as splash shields. or Inner wheel housings

As you know because it's a Vert. the tops of the wheel well inside the car is flat for the convert. top to fold down. What should I have inside the rear wheelhouses??

If you have parts for this area let me know.

Here are a couple of pics of one I parted out. The trunk hinge rod areas are cut off but everything else is there.

IMG_20180513_104944072.jpg

IMG_20180513_104949020.jpg

Tires?? :poke:

:lol:

Just messing with you! I don't have a convertible, or a '69. Mine is a '67 Notch, but I have never seen any type of splash shield in the rear wheel wells. Usually there is just an inner and outer wheel house. Does it LOOK like you are missing something? Meaning, is there cutouts or openings that look like they should have splash shields or something in there? There are plenty of guys on here with convertibles that may tell you if they take something different, but I have never seen anything.

My pictures are from a Dart convertible but Barracuda's are pretty close. There should be nothing else besides and inner and outer wheel house and the top piece.

There isn't anything in there at all, other than the inner and outer housings, as others have stated. Here are some pics from a '69 with the fender out, if they help.

Rear wheel housing empty.JPG

Rear wheel housing pre.JPG

Rear wheel housing.JPG

The trunk hinge rod areas are cut off but everything else is there
Any chance you still have the trunk hinge supports? Even if they are in bad shape. I need to make some reinforcements to repair mine. 67-69 convert is unique.

Yep, that whole chunk is just sitting in my field rotting away. I plan on moving it soon to my shop in Rockford as I have had lots of people wanting parts off of it. Probably in the next week or so I will be uprooting it...

I have a 67 convertible parts car I’ll be scrapping as well, so if anybody needs anything from it I’ll be glad to cut it up.

Probably in the next week or so I will be uprooting it...
Is it safe to say you are talking about the trunk floor / wheel well section in the photos only, or do you have more sheet metal / other parts left?

My Fish getting some love. New full AMd QTRs going on and AMD drop offs. The fit is great. The lip on the outer wheelhouse has ben repaired. My floors and trunk floor is rock solid on my 69 Barracuda Convertible.

DSCN5858.JPG

DSCN5796.JPG

DSCN5798.JPG

DSCN5797.JPG

AMD Full QTRs cut down to fit. U can only get from AMD the fastback Qtrs. To save some cash on shipping buy directly from your local AMD Dealer. The fit on the dropoffs and qtr's has been excellent.

DSCN5890.JPG

DSCN6088.JPG

DSCN5987.JPG

DSCN5983.JPG

Optional wheel well liners were available for front and rear. They were molded with red color material for some reason. Extremely rare and priced accordingly.

-
Back