what size screws to attach the filter on a 727?

-

95teetee

Reaction score
-need to gather up a couple more parts in my endeavor to switch from a deep pan back to the stock pan.

...thanks to a gas station filling hatch sticking about an inch too high out of the ground:banghead:

got my pan and filter, but need to convert back to the screws that hold the stock filter on, and would like to know the exact size I need rather than trying to compare with what was holding the spacer block and filter on the deep pan (although I certainly can if it comes down to it).

TIA

edit- #10 x24 -1.125 inch long (1.250 was a touch long- ground them down and they worked perfectly) for future reference.

I don't know the exact TPI or length, but they are the same thread as the valvebody screws and about an inch and a quarter/half long.
Use a valvebody screw for thread pitch reference and chk the depth of the hole with a pocket screwdriver or something similar and deduct a quarter inch off the total depth of the hole for the length.

Assuming you can't get a set of OEM of course.

I'll use one of the extra-long ones I took out that held the spacer on to figure the length I guess- thanks Beast

hey kim-thanks for the offer but I should be able to get one of the guys at work to weld up the crack in this one.

-need to gather up a couple more parts in my endeavor to switch from a deep pan back to the stock pan.

...thanks to a gas station filling hatch sticking about an inch too high out of the ground:banghead:

got my pan and filter, but need to convert back to the screws that hold the stock filter on, and would like to know the exact size I need rather than trying to compare with what was holding the spacer block and filter on the deep pan (although I certainly can if it comes down to it).

TIA

edit- #10 x24 -1.125 inch long (1.250 was a touch long- ground them down and they worked perfectly) for future reference.
I am doing the same because of speed humps. Does the filter slap straight on to the valve body or is there a thin spacer or gasket that goes on first?

-
Back