What timing cover are you using

-

hemi446

Reaction score
I have a 6.4 out of a 2014 SRT Grand Cherokee but I'm not going to run the VVT. But because the engine has VVT the timing cover sticks out a 1/2 more than the Non-VVT engine. So What timing cover should I use and what year accessories should I use. This is going to a supercharged 426 but I haven't decided what to put in in. I have several cars I could do the swap with.

I have a 6.4 out of a 2014 SRT Grand Cherokee but I'm not going to run the VVT. But because the engine has VVT the timing cover sticks out a 1/2 more than the Non-VVT engine. So What timing cover should I use and what year accessories should I use. This is going to a supercharged 426 but I haven't decided what to put in in. I have several cars I could do the swap with.
Stick with THAT timing cover. The crank spacing is also different from vvt to non. Mixing and matching years is going to cause alignment issues. You also need a vvt nosed cam. Regardless of iy you run vvt or not. Same with timing set. You will simply lock out vvt with a comp vvt lock.
Keep it the same vvt era parts or you will end up hurting later. FYI the jeep uses the car stuff. Not truck.

-
Back