What To Do With a Tweaked Flex Plate?

-
JB weld a piston?? that's crazy talk! Nono, I welded domes on them; built up the aluminum from a dished top. Who needs milled heads?? Just ran them up top the top of the bore and layed into each one! Ran like a striped assed ape!

Dayum. Theres a crazy youtube video of a guy who made a whole piston out of JB weld and ran the engine with it lol

I use JB weld over welding on body work. Bondo can shrink and show up abrupt low spots. (Yes I buy the BIG tubes!)

Yep. I have the aircraft industrial version of it made by huntsman chemical. Araldite AVHV 1258. Comes in 2 big toothpaste sized tubes. Company I work for "over bought" this stuff. Then it expired for aircraft use. Still fine if kept in the fridge. I have about 16-17 full kits sitting in my shop fridge. Yes it works great skim coated over welding work.

Last edited:
Crack open the piggy bank or get a small loan and get you one of those fancy billet flexplates.

Just forget about all that hearsay about hammers and JBweld.

Yep. I have the aircraft industrial version of it made by huntsman chemical. Araldite AVHV 1258. Comes in 2 big toothpaste sized tubes. Company I work for "over bought" this stuff. Then it expired for aircraft use. Still fine if kept in the fridge. I have about 16-17 full kits sitting in my shop fridge. Yes it works great skim coated over welding work.

Lmk when ya kick the bucket and I'll be over for the garage sale!

-
Back