What to harvest when at the junkyard

-

69moredoor

Reaction score
I’m still fairly new to the mopar world. I have seen various posts mention certain things that are hard to find / obtain that I’ve overlooked In The past. I’d like to form a list of those parts so as to have a reference. I’m talking about the oddball things I’d never think of. For instance I’ve learned:
LA exhaust manifold washers
Slant manifold washers/triangles
Slant six truck (van?)dipstick/tubes
Rally dash screws
Power steering pump caps

Not looking to make money, just help others out. So whatever else you can think of that are hard to find, please post up

Nuts and bolts
Round back alternators
Misc brakets

I love picking, I see things that IMHO are rare and if they are cheap enough I pick them up.

Don’t break things off to save you time.
Don’t cut the wiring harness!
someone needs that part you,just broke and mosh JY owners will be really pissed you did it.

I answered an ad for parts for an oddball old mopar this guy had random stuff, he had the fenders and he cut off the wiring harness to all the lights.

I later found where the car was and there was broken interior panels and cut wires all over the car.

Don’t break things off to save you time.
Don’t cut the wiring harness!
someone needs that part you,just broke and mosh JY owners will be really pissed you did it.

I answered an ad for parts for an oddball old mopar this guy had random stuff, he had the fenders and he cut off the wiring harness to all the lights.

I later found where the car was and there was broken interior panels and cut wires all over the car.
Exactly! At our local Pull a Part folks ruin 5 good parts trying to remove 1 part.

3-speed wiper motors, speedometer cables and gears. For suspension I would look for large ball joint a-arms disk brake spindles. Evan a v-8 k-member. Radiator shrouds, electric washer reservoirs. Rear window defrosters, map lights and switches, trunk lights + wiring, wiper and ignition switches. Just to name “a few”. No pun intended!

3-speed wiper motors, speedometer cables and gears. For suspension I would look for large ball joint a-arms disk brake spindles. Evan a v-8 k-member. Radiator shrouds, electric washer reservoirs. Rear window defrosters, map lights and switches, trunk lights + wiring, wiper and ignition switches. Just to name “a few”. No pun intended!
What radiator shrouds? Like any cars from 60’s to 70’s or trucks too?

For shrouds any a-b-e-c bodies. They are hard to come by. If you can find a ‘67 upper and lower dash pad, grab ‘em. Any interior plastics, steering column covers, a-pillar trims, armrests. The list can be huge. Window regulators, parking brake cables and handle. Take a look at what Classic Industries charges for Chinese re-pops you will find some motivation to scrounge.

Glass,trim, sway bars, disc brakes, good panels interior/exterior, decent arm rests,bucket seats, antenna, desirable steering wheels, desirable engines and or their parts, lower arms with tabs, hard to find gears/differentials, desirable grills and straight bumpers. Sb/bb 727, sb904-998/999.

50+ yr old wiring is something I'm not really interested in...nor fan shrouds or radiators, alternators..
All crap I'd never jinx my vehicle with.
You can buy new...and stock/factory cooling systems are obsolete for what I do.

-
Back