What type of Mopar seats are these?

-

NodakDuster

Reaction score
I purchased these BUCKET seats from a FABO member who said they were for a 72 Duster. However once I received them I can see they are not from a 72 as they appear quite different having the push button seat back folder and the seat cushion buttons are different than early 70 a body bucket seats. I am going to go ahead and use them in my 73 Duster build so they will not go to waste but I want to recover them and wondering if anyone knows what they are from so I can order the correct type of seat recovering kit. Any help would be much appreciated.

IMG_4788_zps734a7b25.jpg

IMG_4790_zps708c52ca.jpg

IMG_4789_zpscb07fb9a.jpg

IMG_4787_zps108cef67.jpg

IMG_4791_zpsac27e329.jpg

I know they are buckets. I am talking about what year and type car. As far as I can tell no Duster came with the the push button seat folder unless maybe very late 75 or 76 Dusters?

The brackets look like mopar A body and the general shape are mid 70's. I wonder if they have been custom covered, the covers are almost stock looking. 74-76?

They have Chrysler stamped plastic seat back plates so I know they come out of a MOPAR. Just not sure what body style. The seat bases have two settings for the sliders to bolt to. On the inner most setting the seat rail studs fit in the Duster bucket seat holes in the floor.

I saw a set for sale advertised as 1967 dart GTX seats. I couldnt find any other pictures to verify it. I have a set of black seat backs with the part number 3520891. I cant sell them because i have no idea what they go to

I knew I had seen that type of seat some where with that chrome button
Volare',Aspen with a console

the paper no. dates them. guessing mid to later 70's?????. trying to remember what the ,ate 70 charger had???? had better memory 40 years ago, sorry......

post of our sister rag FBBO, bet someone will recognize?????

I can tell you that it is almost impossible to make those seat tracks work for an a body car, but if you can find a set of seat tracks for an a body they will bolt right up, that's what I did.

I can tell you that it is almost impossible to make those seat tracks work for an a body car, but if you can find a set of seat tracks for an a body they will bolt right up, that's what I did.
They bolted right in on my 73 and worked with no modification. I think they have been recovered which is making them look even more odd.

They look very similar to Ramcharger seats from the late 70s. Just my opinion. Eric L

They bolted right in on my 73 and worked with no modification. I think they have been recovered which is making them look even more odd.

Yes they look recovered I agree. Could they be from a early 70's B body? Satellite/ Charger say 72-74?

If they bolted into your a body they are probably what you were told.

They look like they were recovered to me and not in factory type material or pattern.

Might call ledgendary and see what they tell you. Some measurements and pictures they might be able to help.

Of go custom route and get some local person to recover them the way you would like

View attachment image.jpg

68 Dart buckets, custom ultra leather covers done by Jim Matthews Indy Auto Trim. I have people ask if it is factory

If they bolted into your a body they are probably what you were told.

They look like they were recovered to me and not in factory type material or pattern.

Might call ledgendary and see what they tell you. Some measurements and pictures they might be able to help.

Of go custom route and get some local person to recover them the way you would like

View attachment 1714786512

68 Dart buckets, custom ultra leather covers done by Jim Matthews Indy Auto Trim. I have people ask if it is factory

I know they are not from an A body due to the release button high up on the seat back. They also have a weird style trim piece that covers the hinge and entire bottom of the seat. I will call legendary and see if they can help me. Those are beautiful seats in your car!

Those are seats that make you go hmmmmmmm

-
Back