What would you like to see at a Car Show?

-

67gtx

Reaction score
What would you like to see or do at a Car Show?

Good Food? or don't care

Live Music or DJ?

Goodie Bags? yes or no

What type of Judging?

Raffles? yes or no

Time(start, finish)

maybe a picnic area or a place to sit to rest your feet (if you dont have a car entered and dont have a chair already) and of course more mopars need to be there!

name tags. Just a stccky paper I.D. badge. I would wear one that says BEN
RED 67 Barracuda coupe.
When someone walks up to me and says "nice car" or whatever I dont know if he's a spectator or anything else. If he's wearing a badge that says
JAMES
beige 34 Ford coupe
I'll have some idea who I'm speaking with and I'm not embarrassed by not remembering him at the next crossing.

RED 67 Barracuda coupe.
When someone walks up to me and says "nice car" or whatever I dont know if he's a spectator or anything else. If he's wearing a badge that says
JAMES
beige 34 Ford coupe
I'll have some idea who I'm speaking with and I'm not embarrassed by not remembering him at the next crossing.
That is the greatest Idea ever.

Good Food? or don't care
Defintely good food, especially if there's no place close by to walk to.

Live Music or DJ?
Doesn't really matter, as long as there's no rap

Goodie Bags? yes or no
Absolutely goodie bags.

What type of Judging?
This can get dicey, but there are potential issues with either participant voting or actual judging. I have seen more problems with judging, especially when participating club members are allowed to win.

Raffles? yes or no
Yes.

Time(start, finish)
7am-4pm (6am for swap).

I've been doing car shows for thirty years and never really had anything super nice. The closest was my GTS in the late 80s. It's mostly about hanging out with other like-minded folks.

I just go for the old cars and to BS with other car guys and look for parts. Don't care about any of the other stuff.

Good Food? or don't care

I can still stomach hamburgers, don't go for all the weinie junk

Live Music or DJ?

Don't care JUST NO RAP

Goodie Bags? yes or no

Don't care

What type of Judging?

Hard to say, depends on the types of cars

Raffles? yes or no

Yes

Time(start, finish)

Early

Also, I got into a mess with "Good Guys" in Spokane last year. They didn't to let me in with my recumbent trike which is the same difference as a wheel chair. I had to buy some batteries for the chair, which is not very comfortable. Turns out that there was PLENTY of room for the trike, and we nearly got run over by part of the staff in their God Dammed golf carts.

The point? Don't turn these events into a TSA controlled airport. Have a little compassion for us old guys who got old before our time.

Ok, here we go:
1. Pork ribs grilled on site OR AUTHENTIC tacos from a trailer - no Taco Bell crap
3. Beer - or I'll bring my own
4. Like-minded dudes to talk to
5. Hopefully racing or burnouts or something
6. Do not care much about awards, dash plaques, goodie bags, etc. Event t-shirts are nice though.

RED 67 Barracuda coupe.
JAMES
beige 34 Ford coupe

Good Food? or don't care
Defintely good food, especially if there's no place close by to walk to.

Live Music or DJ?
Doesn't really matter, as long as there's no rap

Goodie Bags? yes or no
Absolutely goodie bags.

What type of Judging?
This can get dicey, but there are potential issues with either participant voting or actual judging. I have seen more problems with judging, especially when participating club members are allowed to win.

Raffles? yes or no
Yes.

Time(start, finish)
7am-4pm (6am for swap).

Burnouts! :burnout:
All of the above!:happy10:

less polished billet aluminum that the owners paid someone to install,less idiots,less chevy trailer queens,more do it yourself mopars.i saw very few last friday at the local cruz.there were maybe 4? counting myself and rockers duster.

An award that is set up for people who appreciate a car for the merits of the owner who actually did all the work on his/her car themselves. I am so dammed sick of going to these shows and seeing the same old tired cars that win at every show get the attention. What about some of the other cars who are are owned by guys who turn their own wrenches on them? The people who spend a gazillion dollars on a car just to enter it into a show are in my eyes not what this hobby is about.

cheap food (ok at least affordable) edible would be a bonus

car's that actually DROVE there under there own power, not towed there on a trailer

the only music I want to hear better come out of an exhaust

judge's? we don't need no stinking judge's!

I have been to 1 car show just 1 that had "daily driver under construction" at 1 show out of 20 and it was a hit :cheers: It seemed everyone enjoyed that class and got involved with more entries :happy10:.
And it was nice to talk to everyone that walked over that had there car in the other classes and gave us some good info. I wish more car shows would do this.

FAR LESS TRAILER QUEENS!!!! IF you don't or Won't drive it into the show, stay home! IF you are coming from a long distance, park your trailer a few miles away and DRIVE YOUR CAR into the show!!! I have seen ONLY three shows that did not allow the "queens" in and they were great shows!!! Most everyone there WORKED ON their car and that made for GREAT conversations..... the owners of queens and the "buyers"( buyer= a guy that just bought a finished car and has zero idea what to do if it wont start) have very little in common with those that restored their own cars themselves.......most guys that restored their own, know what it takes, and did most of it over time and on a budget.....making choices over the years and sacrifices over the years and blood sweat & tears over the years, making the wife and kids go hungry to get those headers!! staying home every friday & sat night for years to save the money to get that paint job! All that to realize their dream and drive that car........those guys have nothing in common with the big bucks guys who spent big money and pushed buttons on a phone to get their rides built......those clowns wouldn't know a spring clip from a paper clip and frankly I wish they would all start up their OWN shows and kinda stay away from the shows that have guys who's hands got greasy & dirty and bleached out with carb cleaner, those that busted knuckles taking that bracket off.....those are the SOB's I want to hang with and BS with and get to know, because THEY have the skills and talent to make something from a heap of rusted parts.......the other guys are just no talent dollar clowns...sure their cars LOOK great...but they have no idea how they got that way other than the COST. It makes me sick when I hear them talk about their cars in terms of cash outlay....."I have 40k invested" " thats a 50k car you are standing next to" " do you like it?...it cost me 48k"...... those guys never speak of their cars in terms of loving the hobby or the vehicle, it's always about the money! I would like to NOT see any of them!!!

FAR LESS TRAILER QUEENS!!!! IF you don't or Won't drive it into the show, stay home! IF you are coming from a long distance, park your trailer a few miles away and DRIVE YOUR CAR into the show!!! I have seen ONLY three shows that did not allow the "queens" in and they were great shows!!! Most everyone there WORKED ON their car and that made for GREAT conversations..... the owners of queens and the "buyers"( buyer= a guy that just bought a finished car and has zero idea what to do if it wont start) have very little in common with those that restored their own cars themselves.......most guys that restored their own, know what it takes, and did most of it over time and on a budget.....making choices over the years and sacrifices over the years and blood sweat & tears over the years, making the wife and kids go hungry to get those headers!! staying home every friday & sat night for years to save the money to get that paint job! All that to realize their dream and drive that car........those guys have nothing in common with the big bucks guys who spent big money and pushed buttons on a phone to get their rides built......those clowns wouldn't know a spring clip from a paper clip and frankly I wish they would all start up their OWN shows and kinda stay away from the shows that have guys who's hands got greasy & dirty and bleached out with carb cleaner, those that busted knuckles taking that bracket off.....those are the SOB's I want to hang with and BS with and get to know, because THEY have the skills and talent to make something from a heap of rusted parts.......the other guys are just no talent dollar clowns...sure their cars LOOK great...but they have no idea how they got that way other than the COST. It makes me sick when I hear them talk about their cars in terms of cash outlay....."I have 40k invested" " thats a 50k car you are standing next to" " do you like it?...it cost me 48k"...... those guys never speak of their cars in terms of loving the hobby or the vehicle, it's always about the money! I would like to NOT see any of them!!!

I agree 100%

FAR LESS TRAILER QUEENS!!!!

Dude. If your avatar is an award from Autorama, that's very impressive! I was there a couple years ago as a spectator. Quite an experience. You know, that's one place that trailer queens are OK by me. It's cool to see the really high-dollar customs and the artistry involved in those. Although, I still prefer to hang out with the other shlubs downstairs.

It makes me sick when I hear them talk about their cars in terms of cash outlay....."I have 40k invested" " thats a 50k car you are standing next to" " do you like it?...it cost me 48k"...... those guys never speak of their cars in terms of loving the hobby or the vehicle, it's always about the money! I would like to NOT see any of them!!!

Amen.

Oh yeah, and I like burnouts too. The high dollar guys usually won't do those, lol.

Dude. If your avatar is an award from Autorama, that's very impressive! I was there a couple years ago as a spectator. Quite an experience. You know, that's one place that trailer queens are OK by me. It's cool to see the really high-dollar customs and the artistry involved in those. Although, I still prefer to hang out with the other shlubs downstairs.

IT IS a 2011 Detroit Autorama 2nd place award....and thank you! and yes I was surrounded by absolutely beautiful and stunning vehicles. AND yes THAT is the place for them !! Every one of them backed out of an enclosed trailer that was heated and/or air conditioned and in many cases appointed better than MY HOUSE!!!! those cars see "running life" a 1/8 mile at a time IN & OUT of a plush trailer and to their post...thats it....and those cars have a place, but it aint at the local park & shine....those are for FOLKS THAT DRIVE WHAT THEY BUILD....I was actually pretty blown away that the Cuda took a trophy there...Detroit judges are pretty tough and discriminating.

An award that is set up for people who appreciate a car for the merits of the owner who actually did all the work on his/her car themselves. I am so dammed sick of going to these shows and seeing the same old tired cars that win at every show get the attention. What about some of the other cars who are are owned by guys who turn their own wrenches on them? The people who spend a gazillion dollars on a car just to enter it into a show are in my eyes not what this hobby is about.

I agree!!!! Any a-hole with a lot of money can write a check to "hotrods by troy" and win an award over and over. People like that should be ineligible.

I see a lot of good work done here alone by people that will never be recognized and that's a damned shame given what nice cars some of them are.

-
Back