What year's did 14'' 7'' wide wheels used ?

-

memike

Super Moderator
Staff member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Found these yesterday and need some info, I know the wider wheels were used on most muscle cars, but 14 inch #-o must have been early models :glasses7:

These are 8 inches from outside lip to out side lip and are indeed 14 inch wheels. Can anyone shed some light on these please #-o I don't care about the new 16", 18'', 20'' for our small early A's .
Next the breather top, all this came from the same garage with a 67 GTX .. I don't know if they was related :glasses7: Thank you all for your time again :D

Early Hemi or 440 car's ?

Attachments

• 01cccccc.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 291
  • 01ccccccccc.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 278
Well, I have been doing some looking and so far it douse look to be a 67ish big block breather.

This is how wheel width, and diameter, are measured.

Attachments

• wheel width.gif
    5.1 KB · Views: 246
Pretty sure the widest 14" wheel they used was a 6" wheel.

Refer to the previous post on how to properly measure the wheel.

The wider 14" were an option on Mustangs. You can get 14x7 and 14 x 8 Magnum 500 wheels at the usual suspects like Jegs, Summit etc...

My grandmother had a 68 New Yorker with chrome 14" Magnum 500s but I never was able to measure them.

Yeah, I don't think the factory 14" Mopar magnums were ever wider than 6". Cop wheels came in 15 x 7.

Yeah, I don't think the factory 14" Mopar magnums were ever wider than 6". Cop wheels came in 15 x 7.

I think the 14s from my 72 Charger were stamped 6.5. I did notice they were just a little wider than some other 14" Magnum 500s I had.

My stone stock 73 340 Rallye Charger had the 14 x 6.5" Magnum 500s. I think that's as wide as they came from the factory.

Read the chart above. That's how to measure them correctly, not from lip to lip.

boy, its a sad day, when even the moderaters just post willy-nilly, dropping threads about wheels in forums not dedicated to the such

:poke:

This pair of wheels do measure 7 " inside lip to inside lip and are 14" even stamped 14"....
Thanks for all the HELP, I can not find any ford or pen star.. so these could be eather. All the stuff I picked up is all mopar stuff ..seat belts another full set of wheels and the breather top .

Grateful to all of you .. not sure what dyimarage is saying ! Not sure if I do...

not saying much at all, just stirring the pot :D

Oh I guess I could have put this in the Wheels thread but I had a breather and seat belt in mind also, and I wanted a little more traffic :)

i just had a set of mopar magnum road wheels powder coated silver, mopar didnt make chrome ones, mine are 14 inch, they measure 7 inchs wide insde to inside, the guy i bought them off of has 80 old mopars he is parting out, i think he said he pulled the wheels off a 69 charger, they are deeper dish than 6 inch ,and wider beauty rings.....

Oh I guess I could have put this in the Wheels thread but I had a breather and seat belt in mind also, and I wanted a little more traffic :)

I figured it was something like that, but I just wanted to poke at you a bit
specially since the title was rather wheel oriented, and we've had a few "why do my post keep disappearing" threads lately

-
Back